PDA

View Full Version : KUNG FU BASICS

sultanpro
10-24-2001, 08:38 PM
Is this the name of a shaolin form?
My sifu is teaching me this form right now, he says it is a Shaolin form from the Temple, has anyone heard of this?

Is Kung Fu Basics the name, or is there another name for it?

Its very simple, more like streaching excercise's.

Any info??

Thanks

Skard

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

danny from miami
10-25-2001, 02:42 AM
i think its just that ..basics. forms arent everything u know.ur probably just doing basic shaolin exersises

r.(shaolin)
10-25-2001, 05:42 AM
There is a traditional Lohan Shaolin form called
JI BEN DONG ZUO - Basic Movements

literally it means:

ji = earth, basis foundation

ben = tree with a line suggesting the base

dong = move with heavy strength

zuo = person suddenly active like in acting as in regard to work

davies
10-25-2001, 06:07 AM
Well its hard to say, what Style are you practicing?.

Nothern Shaolin: Has a system call Chang Chuan this has meany forms within ist repertoire such as Snake, Tiger, PMantis, White ape, Pao Chuan Zha Chuan and many othersm these are maily kicking movements,

Sothern Shaolin A.K.A Fukien White Crane: The white cranes form is called Chi Na this encompasses short range boxing style elements, and immitates the movements of a crane, hence the name.
Mainly bare hand and weapon sequences.

The basics part may be just that, basics. Like howto throw a punch, kick and not be hit back, which would help.
Stretching and wotnot?, this is good as you can kick stronger and faster, same with any other paerts, when there kept nice an supple.

Iron Shirt: Are you conditioning any parts of your body?. Practising brathing techniques?.
Iron Shirt was almost lost, as it is only normally passed down to those who will use it responsibly, the eventual idea is to hone the body in to a solid object, free mind of all pain, fear and anger.
It also concentrates on controlling your Chi, which is your life force essance.

I think go ask your Sifu what the hell you are learning. I would lol.

Is your club official?, if not leave and find an officaily sanctioned one, if it is, then your Sifu will be able to tell you, as he would of had to know what it is he teaches, to attain instructor standards.
come back when you do find out. :D

-Kane

Crimson Phoenix
10-25-2001, 10:45 AM
I also heard of some basic exercises called "Ji Ben Gong", also often called Shaolin Ji Ben Gong...However, it wasn't as you describe yours "mainly stretching", but rather the principle was exactly the same as for tan tui: they are short basic technical series (ben actually means root) that you can train repetitively and that contain postures, kicks, punches etc...The guy I seen it from here in France is monk Shi De Sheng.
I Hope this has been of little help :)

sultanpro
10-25-2001, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys, i study Northern Praying Mantis, my sifu has said this is not a mantis form but a shaolin form,just looking to find out the name
i'll ask my sifu next week .

Thanks

Skard

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

GLW
10-25-2001, 07:19 PM
Ji Ben Gong literally means basic work...this is the stuff you drill....kicking over and over...line work, stances, etc....

The routine mentioned earlier is probably closer to what you are looking for.