PDA

View Full Version : Martial Millionaires

jun_erh
03-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Besides Gene Ching and the Got Qi girls, are there any people, masters r otherwise, who've made a million bucks from kung fu? Besides film stars. I guess that Temple Kung Fu guy does pretty good, but that's not exactly the same thing.

OdderMensch
03-11-2003, 07:01 PM
If I didn't point out that anyone from Qimasters camp could become millionare simply here.http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

No_Know
03-11-2003, 08:06 PM
After I win I expect to give around two hundred thousand to the Kung-Fu School with which I've associated and associates.

jun_erh, would I still count as a millionaire from Kung-Fu, being a couple of hundred thousand dollars shy?

Serpent
03-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by No_Know
After I win I expect to give around two hundred thousand to the Kung-Fu School with which I've associated and associates.

jun_erh, would I still count as a millionaire from Kung-Fu, being a couple of hundred thousand dollars shy?

LOL.

Actually, millions or not, does anyone know of a reputable and respected teacher that makes a comfortable living out of kung fu without compromising him/herself or their art?

Certainly there are a lot of full-time instructors/schools out there. Who do you think are the financially successful ones that have maintained their integrity and how do you think they've achieved that?

Royal Dragon
03-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Yes, Wai Lun Choi

Serpent
03-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Hey, RD. What about this bit?

Originally posted by Serpent
Certainly there are a lot of full-time instructors/schools out there. Who do you think are the financially successful ones that have maintained their integrity and how do you think they've achieved that?

;)

GeneChing
03-12-2003, 10:46 AM
There are probably a few that have a million in assets. I imagine anyone who has five our six schools has got to have a million in assets. Same with the big distribution companies. But the money is all tied up in business, so it's not like Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. You may have a million but it's all invested in rent, buildings, inventory, etc. And you're always working it to stay in afloat in this business.

As for my personal assets, I work for TC Media. I do not own it. That would be way too much headache for me. So I'm poorer but have more freedom.

If money's what your after, it would be wise to look elsewhere.

Serpent
03-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
If money's what your after, it would be wise to look elsewhere.

*sigh*

Such a shame really. After all, good teachers train longer than a surgeon spends in med school, then has to struggle financially their whole life.

joedoe
03-12-2003, 05:18 PM
I guess it's all about supply and demand - the supply of MA teachers outstrips the demand for them.

count
03-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Do like Kumar or Park or Painter do. Train and certify 25 teachers. Send them out to different parts of the world to start classes of say 20 students each. Every month you go by each one for a workshop at say $100.00 a student for the day. 25 x 20 x 100 = :eek: and you still get five days a month off. Add in tapes and tee shirts and your on the way. Don't forget to take the travel deduction on your tax filing. :D

[Censored]
03-12-2003, 05:36 PM
I hear Leung Ting's loaded.

David Jamieson
03-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Please send 1 dollar to the "Gene Ching foundation for martial artists who work for money but aren't millionaires yet".

For only one dollar, Gene will get carrots and a good book to read and will feel the love and care of all those people who take the time, and the dollar to express their desire to see Gene get rich, very, very rich.

Gene- if this works can i borrow 200 for this really nice item at martial arts mart that i saw the other day?

thank you.

cheers

count
03-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
Please send 1 dollar to the "Gene Ching foundation for martial artists who work for money but aren't millionaires yet".

For only one dollar, Gene will get carrots and a good book to read and will feel the love and care of all those people who take the time, and the dollar to express their desire to see Gene get rich, very, very rich.

Gene- if this works can i borrow 200 for this really nice item at martial arts mart that i saw the other day?

thank you.

cheers
Unfortunately there are only three real members of this forum. All the rest are troll aliases. So the most you could borrow is a buck.:(

David Jamieson
03-12-2003, 10:44 PM
hmmm, with 3 bucks, why I could afford the postage to send for a free ug-lee patch! ( I think they're out though :( )

no wait, I'd rather have yoghurt!

cheers