PDA

View Full Version : JJIF rules

Oso
03-12-2003, 12:16 PM
How does this style of tournement fighting stack up against other venues?

http://www.usjujitsu.net/index.htm

I had it briefly explained to me last night and then went to the website today to read the rules and such.

tia

Matt

Robinf
03-12-2003, 12:54 PM
I read the rules for single competitor and it differs, naturally, from World Taekwondo Federation Sport TKD, but has a similar spirit.

World Taekwondo Federation Sport TKD:

Strikes: by hand and foot only

1 Point: awarded for punch to midsection, kick to midsection or side or top of head.

Illegal: anything below the waist and anything to back, face, neck or back of head. Holding is illegal as is tripping, trapping, grabbing, etc. Only kicks and punches allowed.

There is "point sparring" where the bout is stopped after each point, and continuous sparring, where points are counted during play by the judges

two or three front judges, one center ref

Oso
03-12-2003, 01:27 PM
thanks Robin.

I should specify that I'm looking for a comparison to amature sanshou or san da or any other amature venues that combine striking and grappling.

Dark Knight
03-27-2003, 07:50 AM
Buy the video from the site, its $20. The fighting involves strikeing, throws and ground work.

Also there is a technique division.(If you want to add a lot of techniques to you skills the videos are excellent for that, you can draw a lot from the DUO (technique) section)

What I like about the fighting is it gives you a chance to work all ranges of fighting, closer to how you would fight.