PDA

View Full Version : what would everyone here like to see in a wing chun based film?

captain
03-15-2003, 10:07 AM
ok people,a little help/advice from you all.if you were going
to see a kung fu film tonight that was wing chun based,what
would you like to see.that style versus other styles?[ie
karate/jiu jitsu/western boxing].would you like to see wing
chun in a modern setting or old?[or both].and what has been
missing from most wing chun films you've seen so far.

any and all comments appreciated how ever odd/random/personal.

TjD
03-15-2003, 10:52 AM
an old setting cuz i dont like guns

lots of boobs

no plot

and most importantly, lots of fighting, WC vs everything possible :D i'd be neato to have real fighting in the movie as opposed to fake choreographed stuff... but i dono if thats possible :(

quiet man
03-15-2003, 02:37 PM
I think if you make a movie with REAL wing chun (or any other art, for that matter) nobody will want to see it. Real stuff isn't good for movies; flying and ripping people's hearts out and stopping bullets with your iron shirt is good for movies. And that's ok, movies should be fun and not education :D.

Still... I'd like to see a movie with my sifu performing Chum Kiu, coz that just may be the only way I'll ever get to see the second form :D

foolinthedeck
03-15-2003, 03:13 PM
i'd just like to see wing chun used by someone, in a minor roll with little glitz, where the watchful would see, but the sleepers would miss it.

anerlich
03-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Obviously, an update to Fist of Fury, where the hero (played by Fabio) walks into the top BJJ school in Brazil and beats everyone up with chain punching without getting taken to the ground once. Afterwards he makes two of the guys eat a set of Gracie Jiu Jitsu gi patches, saying "this time it's patches, next time it'll be mats".

captain
03-16-2003, 10:26 AM
that's very useful guys,and thank you.now to the other 90
naughty people who read this thread and never bothered,
yah boo to you.you really must make the effort.go on,take
the 20 seconds to answer.

russ.

Ish
03-16-2003, 01:31 PM
i'd like to see something quite serious but still a little stupit. lots of good wing chun taking out various people. or even two wing chun students have to fight it out cos one is evil and obviously the good one wins and gets the girl.

anerlich
03-16-2003, 03:45 PM
The hero NEVER gets the girl in a decent KF movie. The hero and heroine have always been feeling unrequited love/lust for each other for about 20 years, but for various ridiculous reasons have never been able to express their love for each other while the old Sifu is alive. After the Sifu dies (usually violently or via some TCM poison at the hands of his arch enemy), they have a chance to get together but something always happens to mess it up so they must mourn what might have been through all eternity.

Check out "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Wing Chun" with Michelle Yeoh for two typical examples.

old jong
03-16-2003, 05:14 PM
A wing chun movie!... (http://www.fanta.dk/showmovie.asp?mid=61F07C35-CA9C-4F1C-8C94-977A96D9076E)

NeedsPractice
03-16-2003, 06:38 PM
To see a good wing chun practitioner take out 2 grappler/ bjjs guys. Just to irritate the hell out of grappling/ bjj guys. It could be the only fight scene in the movie. Actually it could happen at the beginning and the rest of the movie could be a love story for all i care .LOL.
In reality lets see the wing chun guy get into a fight in a small elvevator or a crowded dance floor,or a crowded nyc subway car at rush hour. All the places where close range fighting should work very well, but he absolutely has to beat up a grappler just to irritate the bjj/ grappling guys.

:D

And he learned how to fight at a "cult school with a wall of shame".

Neurotic
03-16-2003, 06:43 PM
rofl!!!

old jong
03-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Wing Chun MovieII (http://www.fanta.dk/showmovie.asp?mid=31E4F68C-3F16-453A-B299-FA64DE90F8AB)

anerlich
03-16-2003, 10:04 PM
How about a movie where Dr Evil takes up Choy Li Fut and decides to stomp every WC organisation out of existence?

William Cheung, Emin Boztepe, and Leung Ting band together with Benny Meng and Robert Chu to defeat the CLF hordes. Afterwards, the Wing Chun universe is unified under the stewardship of these five gentlemen in a spirit of loving, cooperative grace.

Far fetched? No more than that story of the WC guy beating up two grapplers....

captain
03-17-2003, 06:44 AM
thanks fellas.you have been helpful.what you all seem to be
saying,is a realistic fight using wing chun,and perhaps a
story from old.

reneritchie
03-17-2003, 08:24 AM
Whole lot'o Wing, just a liiiiitttttllllle bit of Chun... 8)

(Apologies to Whedon and Green...)

captain
03-18-2003, 04:34 AM
I think the french canadian "element" plays a big part
in rene's opinions.like the goatee.[joke].

russ.

Matrix
03-18-2003, 06:00 AM
You sir are a very funny man :D
Thanks for sharing.
By the way, what are you resisting? Don't you know that resistance is futile? ;)

Matrix

reneritchie
03-18-2003, 07:32 AM
I'm actually South African of Scotch/Irish & German descent, and haven't had the goat for a while 8) Old Jong, on the other hand, well I hear he's pure laine with a smokin' long Fu Manchu... 8P

old jong
03-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I am very "pure laine" my ancestor came to "nouvelle France" in 1606 or something and had to work in his field on ile d'orlean,facing Quebec city,with his long rifle by his side because of the iroquois who were always looking for somebody to burn alive and dance around.His sister Elaine became Samuel de Champlain's wife (lake Champlain?...)I have also some irish,scottish and indian blood but who cares?...We all can trace our origins in a small australopithecus afarensis named Lucy who was living in Africa maybe 4 millions years ago. Now,that's pure laine en tabarnac!;)
Thanks for your comment Matrix.:D

captain
03-19-2003, 07:42 AM
whenever three or more french canadians are gathered at
the same website,then they shall perform the dead parrot
sketch.
"it is a dead parrot,it has ceased to be".

UltimateFighter
03-19-2003, 07:50 AM
Watch the film [b]Spiderman[/b} and you get to see a bit of Wing Chun when he has a fight with a kid in highschool and he uses a stop kick and vertical fist.....

HuangKaiVun
03-20-2003, 12:10 PM
There's already a movie that contained a lot of the best elements of COMBAT Wing Chun:

Jackie Chan's "Rumble in the Bronx".

Chan did the best performance of the Mok Yan Jong I've ever seen, and his battles against multiple opponents (specifically the convenience store and the pool table fight) were CLASSIC Wing Chun.

Didn't anybody else notice this?

mun hung
03-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Classic Wing Chun???

I better run on over to Blockbuster for this one!:D

canglong
03-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Kinda partial to the in depth documentaries myself can't get enough of those. When I can't get that I just watch a shaw bros. flick.

yuanfen
03-22-2003, 06:14 PM
(old stuff)-
Larry Curly and Moe made some great wing chun movies.

Old jong- Lucy(at least her mold), the office of her discoverer
and the Institute of Human Origins are all adjacent to my office-
and sometimes when i am working late at night I hear footsteps
accompanied by "Lucy in the sky with diamonds"!

Actually, the Lucy thesis is being revisited with results from other digs and possibly DNA studies. If you wait long enough lots of theses change. Personally- I am waiting for the anthros to catch up with a ditty from an old country western song..
'he is his own granpa".

joy