PDA

View Full Version : WL exchange

Joe Mantis
03-15-2003, 10:08 PM
I posted this on the thread under "yu shan."

Since there has been controversy about WL style learning apps to their forms I propose something new.

I would like to have an exchange of apps with students who have learned apps from Chan Pui, or from Sifu's who learned them from Chan. If you learned apps from previous styles and are attempting to incorporate them into your WL, then I am not interested.
I have had the honor of doing this with Sifu's and skilled practioners of other styles. It has been very successful. Not only has new friendships been forged but unity in CMA is created.

Again, all WL'ers out there I call you out for some great sharing of knowledge. Let's be create that unity that we should all strive for.

peace,

JM

spiralstair
03-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Joe,
do you mean an online exchange of apps.?

Joe Mantis
03-16-2003, 02:45 PM
oops, didn't think about it.
why not? Should it be on the public forum or only through private messages?

Hua Lin Laoshi
03-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Due to my Sifu agreement I'm restricted in what I can teach to people outside the system. Since all you guys are ex-Wah Lum and know some of the forms I will answer your questions about those forms. Preferably in private. I posted some apps here in the past but will not teach Wah Lum on a public online forum. I told yu shan if we ever get together for whatever reason, tournament etc., that I would answer some of his questions and I'll do the same for you. I'm not sure how far you went before you left but if there are a few moves that always puzzled you then I'll tell you what I know.

What you all need to realize is that Wah Lum is open to the public in that anyone can join one of our schools but the style, forms and techniques are not public. I'm risking a lot by making this offer but in the interest of putting this bashing to rest I'll reveal some of what I know.

One problem I have is that I haven't seen anything from the Pong Lai side with the exception of Tainan Mantis's version of Xiao Tang Lang which was interesting and workable but doesn't accurately match the form.

Stacey
03-17-2003, 08:48 PM
so you know. The rest of us have already seen wushu. Your secrets are kept that way by the fact that no one else cares.

NorthernMantis
03-18-2003, 05:57 AM
That's great cause we don't know any of that:D

I'm gonna hav to go with Hua Lin here I'm not really allowed to teach at all about the system but I can tell you what techniques I have been succesful in using.

Hmm... stacey reminds me of my ex choy lay fut frined when he told me that my sytle was for flash. every time he pnched I trapped him or put him in an armbar.:D Later he went on telling me that I was dishonorable for tripping and striking the throat.:confused: :D

I don't go online much anymore since I have work and other things in life but I'll get back with you later on this. Later Joe.

BeiTangLang
03-18-2003, 06:29 AM
well,...not to be rude, but if no one can talk about anything, how about we just let this thread die a nice peaceful death, & you guys do all this through emails as not to bring anti-wl stuff to the forum (ie Stacy).
Thanks guys,
BTL