PDA

View Full Version : bulletman training

bougeac
03-17-2003, 08:34 AM
hi, just curious as to wether anyone out there as been on a bulletman training course, what their experiences were and wether or not they thought it was worth it....

carly
03-17-2003, 11:22 AM
that it was very expensive and not very technique oriented.

Perry
03-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Yes, it rules!

Do it if you can. I have done 3 courses. Best money I spent in 13 years of MA training. I did IMPACT in Los Angeles, FAST Defense & Bay Area Model Mugging. I liked all three, though each had a different emphasis.

The class is definately NOT ABOUT TECHNIQUE, it is about fighting spirit and learning to deal with the emotional and physiological effects of an adrenal dump. Even guys with a LOT of martial arts training suffered from the same problems in the begining as the guys who had no MA experience. I certainly did.

After a few fights, the martial artsists in general would do somewhat better than the other guys, but not always. A few martial artist, seemed hampered by their previous training. It was really interesting to see the muscle memory come out while people where adrenalized. You really do fight the way you train whether you want to or not.

A BIG eye opener, especially the first class. Very different from sparring. It's funny I was just yesterday thinking about re-doing a class this summer if I can scrape up the $$$.

Take Care,
Perry