PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi's surrender too soon

Fred Sanford
03-17-2003, 05:07 PM
This is supposed to be true:

Terrified Iraqi soldiers have crossed the Kuwait border and tried to surrender to British forces - because they thought the war had already started.

The motley band of a dozen troops waved the white flag as British paratroopers tested their weapons during a routine exercise.

The stunned Paras from 16 Air Assault Brigade were forced to tell the Iraqis they were not firing at them, and ordered them back to their home country telling them it was too early to surrender.

MonkeySlap Too
03-17-2003, 05:08 PM
I understand the French have surrendered, and are waiting for the Iraqi occupation troops to arrive.

They did this in '91, but were surprised when the only people to show up were German tourists.

David Jamieson
03-17-2003, 05:15 PM
fred, are you making that up?

you have times? dates? the jouranlist that wrote that? Or are you just making light of a serious situation?

cheers

Laughing Cow
03-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Fred.

Yoy saying that they wanted to get there ahead of the rush?

Sounds a bit like an urban myth to me, but than stranger things have happened.

Fred Sanford
03-17-2003, 05:21 PM
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/page.cfm?objectid=12715943&method=full&siteid=106694

for all the PC wussies. No I didn't make it up. somebody else might have made it up, but it wasn't me.

joedoe
03-17-2003, 05:38 PM
I read that yesterday in one of the local newspapers. I am guessing those poor b@astards are probably dead by now. Most armies do not view that kind of thing kindly, and I have a feeling the Iraqi army would be harsher than most.

David Jamieson
03-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Last night the Ministry of Defence officially denied the incident had taken place, but the story was corroborated by an intelligence source.

I suppose that was "intelligence" on the mirror payroll. hahahaha.
why wouldn't the paras corroberate? :rolleyes:

everybody say it with me "claptrap propoganda" :D

In the gulf war, there were plenty of Iraqi soldiers surrendering all over the place, some even surrendered to drone planes!

But what are you gonna do when you can't see who you're fighting and all you get is bombs dropped on your head again and again and again.

cheers

joedoe
03-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Actually, this time will be different. Ground troops must be sent in to effect a regime change. This war will not be as bloodless (for the 'allied' troops) as the last one.

Merryprankster
03-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Joedoe is correct.

I suppose that was "intelligence" on the mirror payroll. hahahaha.
why wouldn't the paras corroberate?

everybody say it with me "claptrap propoganda"

Intelligence sources ARE on payroll usually. You don't give away classified information for free, generally, seeing that the penalty is usually vast quantities of jail time.