PDA

View Full Version : The People Vs. the Dixie Chicks

SevenStar
03-17-2003, 08:45 PM
At a concert in enlgand, one of the chicks stated that she was apalled by what the president was doing and that she was ashamed that he was from texas. Consequently, several radio stations across texas banned their music, and somw people in memphis are wanting to return tickets to an upcoming concert. In Lousianna, people ran over hundreds of their CDs with a tractor.

Fred Sanford
03-17-2003, 08:50 PM
sweet.

KungFuGuy!
03-17-2003, 09:08 PM
What they said meant nothing. People just realized that their music sucks.

joedoe
03-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
At a concert in enlgand, one of the chicks stated that she was apalled by what the president was doing and that she was ashamed that he was from texas. Consequently, several radio stations across texas banned their music, and somw people in memphis are wanting to return tickets to an upcoming concert. In Lousianna, people ran over hundreds of their CDs with a tractor.

The funny thing about this is that those people who destroyed the CDs had probably already paid for them :D

Stacey
03-17-2003, 09:18 PM
I like them...I'm gonna buy their cd.

CrippledAvenger
03-17-2003, 09:19 PM
I'm torn. I want to be offended by how idiotic that gesture seems, but at the same time, I do so hate the dixie chicks...

Stacey
03-17-2003, 09:24 PM
why? I only know thier recent songs and they harmonize well. What is bad about them?

PHILBERT
03-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by KungFuGuy!
What they said meant nothing. People just realized that their music sucks.

SevenStar
03-17-2003, 10:17 PM
LOL!!! Sucky or not though, I give them props for having the guts to voice their oppinion like that.

rogue
03-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Nah, guts would have been to say that in Texas or Nashville.:p

Repulsive Monkey
03-18-2003, 03:28 AM
Brave girls, crap music. I'm sorry but the image of tractors riding over their CD's seems some how surreal to me. Gosh darn those wacky Louisiana's, they sho know how to entertain them southerners.
That is of course apart from the D-chicks.

Badger
03-18-2003, 08:06 AM
I'm ashamed the Chixie ****s are from Texas.

Show a little love...give War A Chance.

Suntzu
03-18-2003, 08:11 AM
:rolleyes:

Kristoffer
03-18-2003, 08:23 AM
So much for opinions huh :rolleyes:

Badger
03-18-2003, 08:48 AM
They have a right to their opinion.
They can say what they want about the president or whatever. It's a free country. Freedom of speech. No ones denying them that.
People ALSO have the right not to buy their CD's, Not go to their concerts or not play their music JUST BECAUSE of something they said that the majority of the Country Music audience does not agree with. If you dont like 'em dont support 'em.(& we don't) It's a free country afterall.

Badger

Suntzu
03-18-2003, 08:50 AM
don’t u know us Americans *shiver* must move along with the ebb and flow of published popular opinion… or else be labeled a baddd american… and the only way out of that blackhole is to ruin or credit to help push the economy uphill and worship at the alter of the O'Reilly Factor...

Badger
03-18-2003, 08:53 AM
But atleast you got the right to do that.....

Suntzu
03-18-2003, 09:07 AM
well… they're not done with the Patriot Act yet….

BeiTangLang
03-18-2003, 09:12 AM
They are just flat@ssed annoying. They'ed say they loved Saddam if they were in Iraq. Free speech I am for, but bashing your countries leaders while in a foriegn land is just disrespectful.
They have sent "explanation" statements of course to cover their rears, but the fact is, they would play to a crowd & say whatever it took to be popular & sell records.
I think they should move to France.
:D

Osito
03-18-2003, 10:07 PM
I personally like thier music, but they have stuck their foot in their mouths more than once by speaking without thinking.

Good music (my opinion), no brains.;) :rolleyes:

SevenStar
03-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
Brave girls, crap music. I'm sorry but the image of tractors riding over their CD's seems some how surreal to me. Gosh darn those wacky Louisiana's, they sho know how to entertain them southerners.
That is of course apart from the D-chicks.

That's not the first time it's happened. Some years ago (not in lousiana though) a group protested some of snoop dogg's music - a church group, if I remember right - they went out and bought alot of his CDs, only to run them over with a tractor. Snoop was laughing about it like, "they're helping me out. By running over them, they are just giving me free publicity, plus they BOUGHT those CDs before they ran over em!"

Radhnoti
03-18-2003, 10:51 PM
I don't understand how they could think they should say something like that...at least and still have their fan base supporting them. Their fan base and President Bushs' fan base are one in the same.
I agree with Badger. They are free to say whatever they want, and their fans are free to react to their statements however THEY want.

I suspect that the anger will eventually blow over and the Dixie Chicks will bounce back...the public attention span is just too short.

Badger
03-19-2003, 07:51 AM
Who the heck is Snoop Dog???

Unless you are refering to Charles M. Schulz' beloved charactor. I just don't see why anyone would have a problem with him.

Badger