PDA

View Full Version : Being injured sucks a$$

Feng Huang
03-18-2003, 03:02 PM
okay, i'm seriously going nuts! i've been freaking injured for 8 weeks and my sifu has basically forbidden me to do anything except stretch (well he has now said that i can run on soft wet grass for 100m and do one exercise that is supposed to strengthen up my chest)! before this, i think i've only missed two classes in the two and half years i started doing MA, when i would train 3 -6 days a week. AND i have all this pent up energy that has no where to go and i'm trying to mentally do my forms and work on my internal stuff and but considering that i can't really breathe very deeply, that's proving kind of difficult too! GRRRRRRR. so my question is, what do you do when you can't work out... or rather from keep going insane?

Oso
03-18-2003, 04:20 PM
stumble, sorry but it's been proven that beer does almost nothing for you.

So, Feng, you will have to drink at least wine or liquor.

Otherwise, I second the prescription.

:D

Osito
03-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Boy can I relate! Last year I broke my Rt ankle, then after that healed, tore the ligaments in my Rt knee. I missed out on a LOT of training time.

Mostly to deal with it, I was grumpy and annoyed my wife and kids:D

Sorry, no good help, just sympathy - or rather EMPATHY for your situation.

Good luck.

Serpent
03-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Masturbate furiously.

Serpent
03-18-2003, 09:52 PM
And often, obviously.

If not constantly.

And stay at home, otherwise you'll get arrested and masturbating furiously in jail in going to open up a whole new world of pain for you.

joedoe
03-18-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
And often, obviously.

If not constantly.

And stay at home, otherwise you'll get arrested and masturbating furiously in jail in going to open up a whole new world of pain for you.

Make sure you switch arms now and then otherwise you will become unbalanced :D

SevenStar
03-18-2003, 10:25 PM
yes, switch arms. And don't forget to lube, that way you don't burn anything while going at it furiously

Serpent
03-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Look at 7*'s arms. He knows of what he speaks!

;)

SevenStar
03-18-2003, 10:27 PM
seriously though, what's you injury? we may be able to help more if we knew what was injured

Oso
03-19-2003, 04:45 AM
seriously though

:confused: :confused: :confused:

;)

Feng Huang
03-19-2003, 01:24 PM
lol! drink and masturbate huh? isn't everyone supposed to conserve their jing????!!! ;) hehehe besides! it's different for girls i think. anyway, believe it or not, my sifu had me drinking a bit o whiskey with the herbs to help them circulate through my system. that was pretty fun to start and end the day with some nice liquid fire. basically, the cartilage connecting on my ribs was torn or displaced according to the xray and i have this funny chord of tissue running from my clavicle all the way down to the bottom of my chest. i was getting better after all the tcm but then some dumba$$ girl hit me with her car (i was in a car) and that reinjured my chest and made the left side stick out more than my right and well whiplass, torn back muscles, blah blah blah. so i've been out for a freaking long time and i'm going crazy. AND, i'm supposed to fight in a tournament this summer that's really important to me. :S f'n sucks. haven't even been able to work on my stances cause it makes my heart beat which forces pressure on my chest. oh lord. what a sob story. but i hate not being able to work out. it's amazing what good three hour session of sweat will do for you mind and body... and i miss the endorphins. so does anyone know if you injure cartilage if it will heal correctly or will it always give me problems?

Oso
03-19-2003, 01:42 PM
no, I think drinkin' and masturbating work pretty much the same for girls.

The mechanics are different of course but the theory is the same.

he-he

joedoe
03-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't realise you were a girl.

However, Oso is correct :D

Serpent
03-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Yeah, what Joe and Oso said.

As for cartilage, it will heal well so long as you give it time. If you keep re-injuring it, it will heal with scar tissue that will affect it permanently.

So look at this as a lesson in patience. Work on the mind while the body is weak.

And masturbate furiously, as already discussed.

SevenStar
03-19-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Look at 7*'s arms. He knows of what he speaks!

;)

Indeed I do.

SevenStar
03-19-2003, 10:15 PM
That was a joke, of course

joedoe
03-19-2003, 10:47 PM
I owuld have thought you would be proud to admit you knew a lot about masturbating women :D

Tinman
04-12-2003, 02:53 PM
whats up kfo with eraseing the thread laughing cow made about the WAR lasting a long time, and when I brought it back up from over 3 WEEKS AGO
(GRANDFATHER CLAUS) and you KFO errased it.
whats up with that!!!!!!

JusticeZero
04-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Not sure what to say about anything else, but I think you can get the endorphins from taking up extremely hot and spicy foods. They cause an endorphin high too.