PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting For The Answers (rogue And Others....)

NYerRoman
03-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Since Rogue opens his mouth and has no idea what he's talking about, I posed questions to TjD (then Rogue) when he made the sweeping statement that Saddam kills his own people.

So do the Chinese, so do the Saudis, so did Pinochet (US backed), so does..blah blah blah.
Now, for everyone...

So far, no response from both. Just Rogue changing the subject over and over.

To make some sense out of this in a kung fu forum, let's just say it's a matter of "things happen as a reaction from something else." Nothing happens for no reason. Therefore, the questions are posed to all. Perhaps we may realize that this war is nothing but big boys playing with big weapons, fighting for interests that have nothing to do with us. It really sucks. Anyway...go:

How many Kurds does Turkey kill a year?

How many Nicaraguans were killed in the 80s for which the US was condemned for international terrorism by the World Court on 31 March 1986?

How many Vietnamese were killed in the Vietnam War? There were 55 000 Americans killed or MIA.

When Saddam killed the 60 000 Kurds in 1986, why did GW Sr renew his trading status in 1989?

Why did we arm Saddam in the 80s and make him our ally?

Why did George Schultz, Sec'y of State under Reagan, make it a State Department policy of the US government NOT to negotiate with the Iraqi democratic opposition in exile?

Why did the Washington Post put Rumsfield on the front cover three months ago in a picture of him and Saddam shaking hands during a meeting in the 1980s?

Water Dragon
03-18-2003, 04:15 PM
It all boils down to politics. Poli meaning many and tics meaning blood sucking creatures.

Rockwood
03-18-2003, 05:18 PM
quit asking all those questions, it's not patriotic to think. Just keep waving your flag and watching CNN.

Here's someone who said it better, and who, unlike Bu$h actually wore the uniform without deserting:

"Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear... kept us in a continuous
stampede of patriotic fervor... with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there
has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going
to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it..."
-- General Douglas MacArthur (1957)

-JessO

Merryprankster
03-18-2003, 05:45 PM
How many Kurds does Turkey kill a year?

Human rights violations in Turkey
figures for 1996

20,434 arrests
421 journalists arrested
1,749 years of political sentences
346 registered cases of torture
190 deaths in custody
194 disappeared
78 murders by unknown assailants
2,261 death sentences (1994-96)

134 associations, trade unions and publishers raided; 132 publications banned and 195 confiscated.

total figures for the 12-year war

4,000 villages burnt and evacuated

3 million villagers displaced

How many Nicaraguans were killed in the 80s for which the US was condemned for international terrorism by the World Court on 31 March 1986?

1981 – 1990
American Terrorism of the Nicaraguan People
Estimated civilian deaths: over 13,000 people
From Derailing Democracy
by Dave McGowan

How many Vietnamese were killed in the Vietnam War? There were 55 000 Americans killed or MIA.

The Vietnam War cost the United States 58,000 lives and 350,000 casualties. It also resulted in between one and two million Vietnamese deaths.

When Saddam killed the 60 000 Kurds in 1986, why did GW Sr renew his trading status in 1989?

Why did we arm Saddam in the 80s and make him our ally?

Why did George Schultz, Sec'y of State under Reagan, make it a State Department policy of the US government NOT to negotiate with the Iraqi democratic opposition in exile?

Why did the Washington Post put Rumsfield on the front cover three months ago in a picture of him and Saddam shaking hands during a meeting in the 1980s?

Containment.

EVERY single thing you listed was for containment. In our struggle against Communism the policy was to contain Communism at whatever cost. That meant supporting right-wing dictatorships, supporting insurgencies against Communist governments and turning a blind eye to human rights violations by countries that straddle strategic waterways that would have provided the Soviet Black Sea Fleet direct, unrestricted access to the Mediterranean Sea.

If you're wondering about the seeming inconsistencies in our policy it's because we won the cold war and now we can worry about other stuff. If the Soviet Union were a still-extant threat, they would still be driving our foreign policy actions and we would still be executing containment.

TjD
03-18-2003, 05:53 PM
thanks for doing my homework for me MP :D

to NYerRoman, i quit paying attention to that other thread because there was too much ranting and i had other things to do - sorry for missing your post.

personally, i don't like george bush all that much. i don't like saddam either. countries always act in their best interests and often it results in evil things happening. however, will i feel better with saddam not being in power anymore? probably.

if i had my way, there wouldn't be any countries and we'd all live off the land - that way i could practice kung fu most of the day :D

rogue
03-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Sorry Roman, but I have a job, family and even got some training in. I wasn't changing the subject, I was asking three simple questions about your beloved Sandinistas which you never answered.

Now please answer my questions about the Sandinistas
What was the CDS and it's function?
Who were the "enemies of the people" along the Atlantic coast?
Who were the "nomenklatura"?

Of course, you're so narrow minded and fed crap and believe it that you're going to tell me that they were evil.Well if you count people who were there as bad sources of information then go read your propaganda my red friend.

BTW Here's how those years of the workers paradise are now remembered. (http://consuladodenicaragua.com/s_history.htm)

NYerRoman
03-22-2003, 06:06 PM
SEE ANSWER THREAD.

Brad
03-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the Sandinistas? I missed the thread this branched off of
:D