PDA

View Full Version : Times up

logic
03-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Boom

joedoe
03-19-2003, 06:40 PM
I get the feeling that some members of the forum are looking forward to this war.

Royal Dragon
03-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Actually, there are Iraqie soldiers already surrendering. I think it's already over.

Personally, I'd like to see it end ASAP, I have freinds there right now, and i'm not relishing them getting sprayed with some sort of Bio Chemical agent.

Laughing Cow
03-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Behaviour like that really makes me want to throw up.

Plus, it only shows the mentality & maturity of some of the posters on KFO.

War is NO friggin Joke or laughing matter.

But than what can you expect from a nation that never experienced the devastation of having everything they own destroyed plus the suffering of war on their own soil.

Or learned what it means to rebuild a nation from NOTHING while their occupation troops are well fed and well supplied.

Sorry, needed to vent.
No need to reply.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
Actually, there are Iraqie soldiers already surrendering. I think it's already over.

Personally, I'd like to see it end ASAP, I have freinds there right now, and i'm not relishing them getting sprayed with some sort of Bio Chemical agent.

RD, I know you were just kidding. I disagree that it is over - 18 soldiers surrendered. The real fight will come when it hits Baghdad, and it is there where the coalition will probably suffer its worst losses.

I have just noticed that there have been a few posters that have seen it fit to interject in threads with 'boom'. To those who think it is clever, just remember the horror you felt watching what went down on Sept. 11 and put yourself in the shoes of the Iraqi civilians.

Royal Dragon
03-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Your right, it's in bad taste, so I deleted my first post.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 07:05 PM
I wasn't having a go at you RD.

Whether you support the war or not, it is still an ugly thing.

Serpent
03-19-2003, 07:10 PM
For every life that's lost through violence, oppression and hate, humanity is lost.

For every life that's saved, humanity is saved.

Boom goes humanity.

Royal Dragon
03-19-2003, 07:16 PM
I personnally think we are preventing much more than we will be causeing.

Budokan
03-19-2003, 07:16 PM
War is an ugly event. Always has been, always will be. That's not to say that sometimes wars should not be fought. But it's always ugly because it's human. Welcome to our species.

Just as ugly as the people who are looking forward to it....Ugly in their hearts, ugly in their souls, ugly in their simplistic views. All you have to do is watch the news and see these chickenhawks reveling in the inevitablilty of this conflict to make you sick to your stomach. Not because of the looming war, but because of their happiness about it, as if that justifies their political stance in some way. Funny, especially coming from people who opted out of the armed services when it was their turn to serve their country. That's especially disgusting. Then again hypocrites are ALWAYS disgusting not matter what their political stripe.

I hope our boys come home safe and sound.

Oh, by the way. This isn't the last one of the Bush Presidency. Just thought a heads up would be in order....

Serpent
03-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Budokan
Oh, by the way. This isn't the last one of the Bush Presidency. Just thought a heads up would be in order....

You mean this isn't the last war? You think Korea is next or what?

joedoe
03-19-2003, 07:24 PM
RD - maybe maybe not. Only time will tell I guess.

Budokan - Amen to that. Unfortunately I think you are right about this not being the last for this Presidency.

Budokan
03-19-2003, 07:27 PM
No, Bush'll never go after N. Korea militarily. He'll only whack a country that can't fight back because that's more politically expedient. I'd say Syria's next on the list, maybe Iran. But Karl Rove and Rumsfeld's not finished in the Middle East, you can bet a hundred dollars to a cracked penny on that one....

joedoe
03-19-2003, 07:28 PM
A crusade to impose the new world order heh?

Budokan
03-19-2003, 07:33 PM
I honestly don't think that's what drives them. Neither is it oil, although that's a lagniappe they're not willing to give up or forget. No, it's an endemic hatred/mistrust of the Middle East (read Islam) that in their minds is justified by the horrific events of 9/11.

But one has to belive that their idea of reshaping the Middle East into a democratic garden of eden is somewhat misplaced, given the history of the region. Dunno.

All in all it certainly looks like we're living in the old Chinese curse. Yes, Virginia, we ARE living in interesting times!

Royal Dragon
03-19-2003, 07:36 PM
I don't know, are there any nations we know to be hidieng terroists? I'm sure we will be going in there when the time comes.

logic
03-19-2003, 07:42 PM
New world order eah,

What do you think the muslims are teaching the school children in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan,and other Middle East countries about Christianity and what to do to the Christians

They are the one with the fanitic Belief

Budokan
03-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Jeez, throw a dart at the world map. You're bound to hit a country with terrorists hiding out, either with or without their knowledge. Frankly, I'm a little leery about the Vatican. The fact there is no proof that terrorists are hiding out under the Pope's hat seems a little too convenient to me. And does anyone really know what goes on in the Orkney Islands? I thought not.

Dunno where Dubya's headed next, but I'll cover any bets that say he WON'T hit another country in the two years remaining to his presidency.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Like the old saying goes "Change must come from within". Democracy is great, but a) it may not be suitable for all cultures and b) the people have to want it, it cannot be imposed on them. There must be checks and balances in place, otherwise like any political system democracy can be abused to the advantage of the few.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Budokan
Jeez, throw a dart at the world map. You're bound to hit a country with terrorists hiding out, either with or without their knowledge. Frankly, I'm a little leery about the Vatican. The fact there is no proof that terrorists are hiding out under the Pope's hat seems a little too convenient to me. And does anyone really know what goes on in the Orkney Islands? I thought not.

Dunno where Dubya's headed next, but I'll cover any bets that say he WON'T hit another country in the two years remaining to his presidency.

Hell, even Australia has (unknowingly) hosted some in the past.

Serpent
03-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Another Man's Cause
===================
By the Levellers - From the album "Levelling the Land"

Gunshots shatter in the peace of night
It's just another firefight
For the people of this little town
But for the dying soldier
Well he's feeling ten years older
As he's lying face down on the ground
All the words that are in his head
And all the words that his mother said
As she would put him to bed back home

Chorus
Your Daddy well he died in the Falklands
Fighting for another man's cause
And your brother he was killed in the last war
And your mother, well she's crying home alone

Everyday she sees your face
In the picture on the fireplace
With your brother as he was leaving school
Then a day came five years ago
You said "Mother, I need to know"
And you spoke the words your brother spoke before
"I know the things that my Daddy's done
And I've seen the medals that he's won
And I know this is what he would have wanted for me

CHORUS

Now she wonders at it all
Just in whose name do these brave young heros fall
And how many more are gonna answer that call
They're gonna fight, fight and die in another country's war
They're gonna die for a religion they don't believe in at all
They're gonna die in a place they should never have been at all
Oh, never have been at all

CHORUS

Budokan
03-19-2003, 07:47 PM
That reject from a Mr. Clean commercial, Ari Fleischer, just announced the disarmament of Iraq has begun. Dubya's gonna justify his sleight of hand re: the economy later tonight.

That's it, I'm off to watch the war on CNN. See you boys in a coupla days....take care!

Serpent
03-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
I don't know, are there any nations we know to be hidieng terroists? I'm sure we will be going in there when the time comes.

Yeah right. Cos that's the real agenda after all.

:rolleyes:

Serpent
03-19-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by logic
They are the one with the fanitic Belief

Not the only ones. A lot of Americans like Bush are the most fanatic Christian fundamentalists imaginable.

logic
03-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Serpent
We don't teach our children to kill muslims.

Or the Discovery channel is flat LIEING when they show children in Saudi Arabia cursing Christianity calling for death to them ALL .

and I guess the Discovery channel bought child actors that looked middle eastern to play these lieing Rolls

Serpent
03-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Serpent

Or the Discovery channel is flat LIEING when they show children in Saudi Arabia cursing Christianity and the Discovery bought child actors that looked middle eastern to play these lieing Rolls

You are so missing the point.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Serpent

Or the Discovery channel is flat LIEING when they show children in Saudi Arabia cursing Christianity calling for death to them ALL .

and I guess the Discovery channel bought child actors that looked middle eastern to play these lieing Rolls

Are they cursing in English or Arabic? If Arabic, then do you speak Arabic?

logic
03-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Serpent

These children are the terrorist of tomorrow.

You can disagree with our government in our schools and alot of students do.

logic
03-19-2003, 08:01 PM
I KNEW IT

That dam discovery channel is lieing through it's teeth to me again

Those children were stamping their feet saying love to everyone.

They did have Subtitles of what they were saying.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Your unshakeable faith in the Discovery channel is touching.

Laughing Cow
03-19-2003, 08:04 PM

These children are the terrorist of tomorrow.

Nice propaganda.

BTW, one thing I would like to mention before it gets mentioned next time, and I am sure as hell it will.

Anybody on here ever read up what restrictions were laid on certain countries after WW II as to what hardware and military capabilities they can have??

If not do so before you start slamming other nations for NOT stepping up to the plate.
Many nations military after WW II were reduced to Self defense troops and had limitations imposed to what gear and from whom they could buy it.

Here are 2 examples:
Germany & Japan.

Have fun.

P.S.: I hope that the war will be quickly over.

Serpent
03-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Idiot.

Edit: Logic that is.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 08:08 PM
In addition to what LC said, Australia has ratified certain international agreements that limit what Australian forces may do in a conflict. For example they are not allowed to attack civilian targets or civilians. It is interesting to note that those restrictions are not on the US forces. It makes for an interesting question about what the Aussie forces do if the US commanders ask them to attack a civilian target.

logic
03-19-2003, 08:10 PM
Joedoe

Where do you get your faithful and such truthfull info from.

I'm only mentioning one particular case from the discovery channel not every WORLD event!!!
GOD, Man

Serpent
03-19-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
In addition to what LC said, Australia has ratified certain international agreements that limit what Australian forces may do in a conflict. For example they are not allowed to attack civilian targets or civilians. It is interesting to note that those restrictions are not on the US forces. It makes for an interesting question about what the Aussie forces do if the US commanders ask them to attack a civilian target.

Robert Hill said we will not attack civilian targets. Oz will target infrastructure and weapons stations, that sort of thing.

Apparently.

So that's good then, eh.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 08:13 PM
You just seem to be unable to accept that what you saw on Discovery may possibly not be 100% correct. I get my information from as many sources as I can, and I am sceptical about most of them. I try not to subscribe to information that reeks of propaganda - like Muslims teaching their children to hate Christians.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Serpent

Robert Hill said we will not attack civilian targets. Oz will target infrastructure and weapons stations, that sort of thing.

Apparently.

So that's good then, eh.

Apparently Australia is bound by some treaty that prohibits attacking civilian targets, so the ROE for Aussie soldiers is different to those of US forces.

I don't think it is good or bad, I was just making a note of it :)

logic
03-19-2003, 08:19 PM
You didn't see it O.K

I really don't think the words under the screen were false.
THEY WERE saying this.

Maybe theres more to the story, but they were saying this.

joedoe
03-19-2003, 08:24 PM
OK. I didn't see it. Fair enough.

scotty1
03-19-2003, 08:41 PM
"I really don't think the words under the screen were false.
THEY WERE saying this."

Lip reading Arabic?
just yanking your crank, man.:D