PDA

View Full Version : Irreversable

Aren
03-20-2003, 12:29 AM
The most controversial movie of the year, following the same rule breaking film making as "Requiem for a Dream" which came out in 2001.

But something is different in "Irreversable" the first 30 minutes of the movie is something that is hard to believe until you see it. If you can bear the constant brutality on the screen, you'll most likely find yourself alone in the theatre before that 30 minutes is over.

What's so special about it then? The camera movement? The violence? Or is it the most reallistic murder on screen followed by the most reallistic rape scene that ever has been shown in a movie.

Monica Belluci is possibly the most bravest actor in the world today. Forget Halle Berry crying how hard it was for her to be naked on screen, Belluci does the most heart breaking role as the young woman who is brutally raped only by a horrid twist of fate. Gaspar Noél will surely have to wait for a miracle if he thinks that he will get away without any censorship onto this movie. When I saw this, the movie emptied the theatre faster than a bad school play.

I urge you, go see this movie. You may hate it, you may even want to leave during it, but don't! Watch the movie until the end and you'll see the deffinate change in the movie itself. The beginning is very hard to comprehend because it's so real and brutal. The end as well, but somewhere in the middle there is a part in which there is peace and some hope.

But unlike what you may now believe, the most horrible scene is not the rape scene, it's the single shot in which during the rape. A charecters shadow can be scene coming towards the alley, stopping for a moment watching at what's happening and then turning the other way. That almost brought tears to my eyes because it was so real. You may say when you leave the theatre that the movie was just stupid and violent, but you cannot deny that the world is stupid and violent and Irreversable makes us see it like it really is wether we want to or not.