PDA

View Full Version : help me with some type of schedule

GreyFox81
03-20-2003, 03:37 AM
hey i'm 5'11 and 220 pound i have gained a belly i want it gone and i want to tone the rest of my body up what should i do
i have a bad diet i eat once a day and it's usally junk what's good
for a average person to eat and what type of work outs should i do

Robinf
03-20-2003, 06:51 AM
Greyfox,

I think you already know what you need to do. You just need to do it.

I personally subscribe to the American Dietetic Association's 4 food groups plan, truthfully following the serviing size (one serving of grain is 1 slice of bread, 1/2 of a bagel, or 1/2 cup of cook rice).

That's the key, PORTION CONTROL.

To begin losing weight: CARDIO. Get out and walk briskly first so you can get back into exercise. Then pick it up to jogging or running. Cycling is good. Swimming is good. ANY exercise that gets your heartrate up to 50 - 65% your maximum (to begin with, later on you want to go to 60 - 80%) consistently for a minimum of 20 minutes (at once).

Strength training will also help you lose weight: muscle eats. Go for the basics, first, and a total body routine to spare time. Once your body gets used to working out like this, then try some more intense things.

But, just because you're exercise and gaining muscle doesn't mean you can increase your calories that much. Don't fall into the syndrom of "Well, I did a lot of cardio today so I get an extra meal." Nope! You dont'.

Really, though, you need to experiment for yourself. Hopefully, you'll get a few different plans from folks around and you can pick and choose those things you like and see how your body reacts. Pay very close attention to your body. It will tell you, yell at you in fact, if it does or doesn't like something. Change if your body doesn't like something.

Robin