PDA

View Full Version : to Tianan Mantis

Jade Mantis
03-20-2003, 10:18 PM
thank you for being so helpful in the information of pong lai
I have been studying pong lai for over a year now and love it. I wanted to see what kind of reaction i would get from other people around the world. But my shr fu told me not to make trouble on the internet so I must watch what i say, oh is shr fu a correct name for your master, I read some of your threads and u seem to know alot any information would be great oh and sorry about misleading u!

Tainan Mantis
03-21-2003, 03:31 AM
Well it is good you came clean.

My shrfu, Shr Zhengzhong, is your shrye.
In Taiwan only his students address him that way.
Others call him Shr Laoshr-Teacher Shr.

If someone learns MA from him, but is not, strictly speaking, his student/disciple, then they call him Shr Jiaolien-Coach Shr.

B.Tunks
03-21-2003, 05:24 AM
Yeah Jade Mantis, that is exactly the kind of thing that 'makes trouble on the internet'. You are lucky to have such an understanding martial uncle!

B.T

Hua Lin Laoshi
03-21-2003, 07:22 AM
I think that's called 'trolling'. Something you don't want for a reputation. Posting anonymously, not revealing your name or teacher is acceptable but dishonesty doesn't exactly start you off on the right foot. Your Sifu is one of two people, care to tell us which one?

Did you question your training and wanted to get an objective opinion? If so I believe your Sifu and others in the system are very open so you don't need to be sneaky.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum and if you steer clear of the politics you should learn quite a bit here.

yu shan
03-21-2003, 10:40 PM
To not give a bio is cowardly, I`ve wanted to say this about alot of posters. Why not give your background? Case in point "flem" this is a person to me who lacks effectiveness , like "weak coffee"! Amusing to me is how some folks here on kfo, type the talk, but can you fight using Praying Mantis?

Hua Lin Laoshi
03-23-2003, 02:26 PM
yu shan,
I'll let you know next time I'm in a bar fight but don't hold your breath, I haven't been in a bar in years and don't plan on going anytime soon. :D

yu shan
03-23-2003, 09:55 PM
I will fight side-by-side with you anywhere, anytime...

yu shan
03-28-2003, 12:36 AM
NM

Your WL style knows nothing of respect...actually starts at the top...then trickles down to your ass! You are young and clueless, good at typing, but alot to learn. Get your head clear, and open your mind to past brothers who have experienced LIFE in your style. More to come...not to bash WL only idiots like NM. YOU have no idea!

Frogman
03-28-2003, 10:04 AM
I think we need some cheese over here.

:eek: :rolleyes: :D

RibHit
fm

Frogman
03-28-2003, 10:23 AM
:)
All “bashing” aside. It may be better for some to post anonymously in the beginning. I posted for a year before stating who I am and where I train. In that time everyone can read your post w/o passing a bias judgment because of where you train. It helps to be some what bipartisan to a certain degree. This forum is a great source of information but it a good idea to use your own good judgment. Also it can be easy to mistake someone’s intent by what you read, things can be lost in the text. So don’t run off to sell the farm just cause someone on line told you to, and if you think they’re a jerk just ignore them or your just going to get more of same.

Good luck!1

RibHit,
fm

TienShanWarrior
06-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Dear Tainan Mantis,

I have found that you also train TSP and I was wondering if you could share some information on the disciples of SM Wang, are there any books or written material on the subject besides the books by M Lin, websites in Taiwan/China etc. I will go to China next year and I'd like to be able to train in a TSP school.

Thanks a lot

Bill