PDA

View Full Version : My Arse is burning!!!

harry_the_monk
03-21-2003, 04:23 AM
Funny title I know, but maybe a serious problem?
Ok, been getting this sensation for a while now, and it hasn't disappeared, just seems to get worse.

When I do Qi-gong or Taijiquan I notice my anus getting hotter and hotter. Is this qi escaping? Am I supposed to stop it if it is? And how do I stop it?
I used to have a lot of wind that I would quite regularly expel(much to my friends amusement.) as I do not do this anymore, is this a by-product.

Any info on this would be helpful.

Om mani peme hung

Laughing Cow
03-21-2003, 04:30 AM
Are you trying to force the Qi into the Dan-Tien by any chance?

Repulsive Monkey
03-21-2003, 08:54 AM
I think its got more to do with diet more than expelling qi.

Laughing Cow
03-21-2003, 02:31 PM
RM.

I was taught that if you try to force the Qi into the Dan tien you increase the blood pressure in the posterior region and thus can cause harm.

But I might naturally be wrong there.

prana
03-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Harry, raise it back up to the navel.

Usually, the heat simply rises, not sure why its stagnated below ?

Repulsive Monkey
03-23-2003, 03:05 PM
One should allow qi to accumulate there and if need be gently direct it. Chances are if you've not opened the meridians yet wholly then wherever you force qi you'll end up getting qi stagnation which usually manifests as heat.

I still think you should also look at your diet just in case you are eating heat forming foods which are effecting the Large Intestine.

harry_the_monk
03-24-2003, 01:26 AM
Hi everyone, thankyou for your replies.

Laughing cow,
I think I may be mindfully moving it, but as far as I am aware I am not forcing it into the dantien.

Repulsive Monkey,
As I am aware my diet seems fine. I get a good mix of all things, and am unaware of an imbalance. The sensations are purely when I do certain qi-gong movements, also when I do my wing chun sil lim tao. If I move the tongue away from the roof of my mouth it tends to calm down and sort of fizzle out, this leads me to believe that it may be something to do with the performing of the exercises I may be doing wrong.

Prana,
Is raising the qi from the anus to the dantien not reversing the flow? I do not know, maybe that is what I have been doing wrong? It is hard for me to ask my qi-gong teacher as he doesn't speak the language I am familiar with (he speaks mainly in mandarin.)

harry_the_monk
03-25-2003, 08:40 AM
I noticed that I drink a lot of tea which has ginger in it at the moment due to getting over an illness.
Would maybe increasing my consumption of dairy products help to balance this out?

prana
03-25-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure about qi-gong, but from what I can remember, the intention is always to raise the qi from the point between your anus and scrotum upwards.

Usually, this process is helped by slightly squeezing the anus and then swallowing. I don't think it is reverse at all. Pushing it down is reverse and I am not sure it is very healthy.

harry_the_monk
03-26-2003, 01:43 AM
Thankyou,

I will try to relax more and try to allow the natural flow.

Om mani peme hung

Former castleva
03-28-2003, 05:48 AM
Hemorhoids are a pain,but treatable.
When it comes to diet,taking care of considerable grain consuming should do good.

;)