05-23-2001, 03:23 AM
Wich of the animal styles you like the best

Andre Lashley

ope
05-23-2001, 05:48 AM
Leopard is my favorite.. monkey follows

Sil Lum Palm
05-23-2001, 06:16 AM
Well in the Shaolin system I am training in the animals would be Crane, Snake, Dragon , Tiger , Leapord. Mantis and Monkey were not created by Shaolin Monks, however I do believe the originator of the Mantis style became a Monk at Shaolin after he demonstrated his style in a match against the Shaolin Martial Monks( he had lost two previous fights and went back to train).
My favortie animal would be the Crane because I am a small , agile guy . Also because it is graceful and the movements are soft and flowing.
I've not witnessed much of the Leapord style so I can't say much about it, allthough it is fascinating.
Take care.

Abstract
05-23-2001, 04:31 PM
I personally don't know any of the particular styles myself, i study Wing Chun, though I'm not up to the 3rd form yet, I've heard that the Biu Jee form has many snake movements incorporated. So i sorta look forward to progressing to that.

SanHeChuan
05-23-2001, 10:45 PM
although i don't do 5 animal style i imagine the leopard would be my favorite too.

===============================

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body"

"Kung Fu begins with the conquering of the opponent and ends with the conquering of the self."

SevenStar
05-24-2001, 01:52 AM
the aggressiveness and ferocity of the tiger.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something."

pantherfist
05-26-2001, 04:16 PM
The panther is the mightiest of all animal in the kingdom =)

Where I walk I walk
alone, Where I fight I
fight alone, Where Where
is one who can stand
against ME

IronFist
05-27-2001, 05:07 AM
" [vote now] [vote results] "

Yo dawg that should say "View results" :D :D :D

joedoe
05-27-2001, 06:37 AM
Tiger and monkey come in equal first.

-------------------------------------
You have no chance to survive - make your time.

Rei
05-27-2001, 09:27 PM
come on u cant argue with the fact that out of all animals the tiger is the mightiest... i mean, its a REAL animal its the most powerful one... nothngcan stand up to it! :D it has devastating techniques... and just is plain good ;)

Peace!

*To conquer others, you must first conquer yourself*

Sil Lum Palm
05-28-2001, 05:23 AM
Really thats wrong, the Leapord is stronger and faster than the tiger even though the tiger is larger , not to argue ...

Internal Flow
05-28-2001, 07:34 AM
I think Tiger is the strongest and fiercest animal, but Dragon is the most powerful. Leopard is based on speed and agility

Rei
05-28-2001, 06:04 PM
humm well from my studies, the ANIMAL tiger could woop a leopard but for the STYLE... i guess its just a preference ;)

Peace!

*To conquer others, you must first conquer yourself*

The Willow Sword
05-29-2001, 09:06 AM
my favorite animal style is the "waddling duck" style. its so funny and entertaining to do that no one will fight against it. thats my style. an animal form that dispells the fight,,,,quack quack
waddle waddle quack quack waddle waddle... see isnt that cute? :eek:

wooha
05-29-2001, 11:40 AM
.. but I saw a documentary recently where a guy had actually mastered a duck style, and he did waddle. Bit of a strange style but he seemed to like it.

Adamdd
05-29-2001, 12:09 PM
I love Monkey kung fu so MUCH!!!!!!

unclaimed effort
05-30-2001, 04:18 AM
Tiger is good because of it's devastating power and spirit. In order for a person to master the tiger you must first reach the spirit of the tiger.

Stillness in stillness is not real stillness. Stillness in motion is real stillness. - Lao Tzu

:)

prana
06-03-2001, 08:25 AM
I would have thought someone would have answered

DOGGIE STYLE :)

What is occupying that corpse you call 'I' ?

Fish of Fury
06-03-2001, 09:32 AM
if you train doggie style be careful not to fall behind in class
still...you will develop a viscous arsenal of weapons :)

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

nightair
06-06-2001, 07:42 PM
I'm at a 50-50'
i say tiger and snake'
the pure power of a tiger'
and the venom of a snake(poison hand) :D

The Willow Sword
06-07-2001, 01:57 AM
haha hey i did not know that there was a waddling duck style. hee hee,,,,,,
well i started with praying mantis. that has always been a good one for me,,but i started to like the drunken system. i like them all in fact.
i feel that i am most proficient in mantis. although i have been known to play around with the drunk style and blend the two( i think that there are drunken mantis forms but i have not learned any) i like the stickyness and close quarters of the mantis style(southern). when i think of the menatlity of the mantis i think of insect mentality and i immediately go to the movie "Alien".....that thing had no emotion and just attacked and wham,,you were mince meat. i find mantids to be very dangerous critters,,seeing them first hand attack prey and devour them(like wang lang did in the ancient past)any way thats my thing.
Many Respects, Willow Sword

Seeker of the Way
06-21-2001, 12:49 PM
I like snake. It's so quick and vicious. That, and I love point strikes with two fingers :eek:

After that, Monkey is great to watch, and my size makes me good at it. Then comes Crane, which I enjoy as well due to my small size and speed. Final is tiger, which just has agressivity and power in loads.

That's it from the seeker.

Peace,
SotW

"I know Kung Fu."

inpho
06-25-2001, 02:21 AM
I'd have to say crane for elegance and monkey for just amazing skill.

Furious Tiger
06-25-2001, 03:26 AM
I just started in January so that is all that I can go by. It is a great style. I started out woth two friends, they do not practice now :D They claimed that it was not KARATE, the form was to open ( iguess they meant that they were not blocking at every move :) Then the truth came out, It's too hard man!!! I still practice and yes it is too hard, but that's the beuty of it. mind you I am about 100 lbs over weight. I LOVE IT!

Furious Tiger

Iron arms
06-29-2001, 06:32 AM
I am learning hung ga it has five animals.my favorite animal style is tiger my second favorite is crane.

mileh
06-29-2001, 10:27 AM
Praying mantis and Monkey!!!!!!!!