PDA

View Full Version : Make your defense your offense

WCFighter
03-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Wing Chun's speciality is pressure point striking, using economy of movement, dealing with multiple attackers, chi sao sticky hands concepts, eye-hand coordination drills teaching practicioners to be more ambidextrous.

We welcome well-trained martial artists and beginners to experience the advantage of Wing Chun, and why it is considered one of the most effective fighting systems in the world.

http://www.twc-kungfu.com/mar22seminar.html

apoweyn
03-21-2003, 08:15 AM
That's quite a specialty. Anything to offer aside from pimping a seminar?

How does wing chun specialize in multiple attackers, for example? What sorts of specialized training do you do? (I know things like 'keep one guy between you and the others.' I've heard that advocated at dozens of schools. So I don't really regard that as specialized.)

What do you think?

Stuart B.

dezhen2001
03-21-2003, 08:58 AM
sounds just like pimping dude.

dawood

fa_jing
03-21-2003, 09:05 AM
He may be pimping a seminar, but Sayah rocks big time!!

What do you think is the most effective way to increase WC punching power?

Suntzu
03-21-2003, 09:18 AM
What do you think is the most effective way to increase WC punching power? hit something hard... hard...

red5angel
03-21-2003, 09:27 AM
fajing, practice practice practice, the more precise you are the more your punching will be effective.

Or you could throw thousands of chain punches at your opponent in the hopes you actually connect :rolleyes: and "blast" through their defenses.

By the way WCFighter, it seems ot me quite a few CMA "specialize" in pressure point fighting. WC however does not specialize in fighting multiple opponents. A WC fighters focus is destroying his opponent, in multiple attackers scenarios this sort of attention takes you away from paying attention to all his buddies.

Suntzu
03-21-2003, 09:31 AM
WC on Mortal Komat DA is d@mn near unstoppable… that’s a badazz game…the san shou is some BS tho :rolleyes:...

apoweyn
03-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by fa_jing
He may be pimping a seminar, but Sayah rocks big time!!

Well, I don't really have a problem with the pimping. But that first bit about wing chun's specialities... If you're going to write something about that, it's kinda meaningless without some further discussion.

So I figured I'd ask about the multiple opponent strategies.

Stuart B.