PDA

View Full Version : Making great flexibility progress in very short time !

TzuChan
03-22-2003, 05:00 AM
Hey guys, I've been doing some exercises every day, for a week and a half now, and I'm getting results extremely fast ! If you are one of the many that has trouble reaching high with your high kicks, or front kicks, then try this out :

-First stand up straight, back straight, keep back straight while bending forward and going as deep as possible (at first I could only go down 45°, now about 65° !). It's important that you keep your back straight !
-Then do some basic leg stretches, like you don at the beginning of a soccer game.
-Then sit down, two legs in front of you, and keep your back straight, and push your torso forward as far as you can, but don't hurt yourself, just 'feel' it burn a little =)
-Then do this again, but hold one leg bent, so leen over to the left leg, and pull in your right leg, leen over the right leg and pull in your left leg.
-Then stand up straight again, and do the first exercise again. Then put your leg on something, so that it is 90° with your other leg, and then lean over to that leg. Do the same for the other leg.
-And again do the first exercise, keeping your back straight.

Right now, I can even take my foot, and stretch out my leg entirely in front of me, and move it upwards a little, no way in hell was I able to do that before =)

These are all very basic exercises, you all know them, I just never did them daily, the results are great so far =) It's very important to keep your back straight during all these exercises btw, you'll notice you will start walking with a straighter back too after a while, and definatelly after doing these exercises for about 15 minutes =)