PDA

View Full Version : Wrist roller

VoidNinja
03-23-2003, 01:15 AM
How can i make a wrist roller?

Scott R. Brown
03-23-2003, 02:33 AM
Hi VoidNinja,

It is easier to just purchase one at a sporting goods store. They are not very expensive.

I made one 25 years ago by taking an 18" x 1 1/4" galvanized pipe and tying a nylon cord to the middle of it. I used athletic tape around the pipe and across the knot to keep the knot from slipping and to add some friction for a firmer grip. I used it for years until I purchased a good one.

stubbs
03-23-2003, 05:11 AM
i got an old dumbell bar (just a solid straight bar) then i wrapped a load of foam around it followed by duct tape. its about 3 inches thick. then i tied some nylon cord to it (just under a metre long), and finally i've got 10lbs of weight tied to the bottom.

i made it at work when i was bored and it's one of my favourite peices of exercise equipment.

another favourite grip exercise is doing pullup off a towel off of a pullup bar. i can only a few reps of these before my forearms burn out
________
Bondage slave (http://www.****tube.com/categories/402/slave/videos/1)

Lung Hu Pai
03-23-2003, 08:07 AM
For a bar mounted wrist roller, I went to home depot and got a thick piece of pvc pipe. Just drilled a hole through it and attached some rope. Cost me around $2.00 and is holding strong at 135#'s so far.

NPMantis
03-24-2003, 04:09 PM
I made one about 2 weeks ago, which I'm happy with.

I got a bit of dowell wood 1 1/2 inches thick, sawed off a bit 40cm long then drilled a hole in the middle. The important thing is to sand the whole thing with a fine sandpaper to prevent splinters. Then I put a bit of very strong fishing wire on it (50lb test strain). Now I've replaced it with a good quality string.

Trust me this exercise is the best, I can't believe I didn't make one sooner.

Start off with a light weight (approx 5 kilos) and roll it up and down twice, then pretty quickly you'll get better and can put the weight up after a couple of weeks.

You'll see really good results with it.

CD Lee
03-26-2003, 10:23 AM
Do you guys have any trouble working the forearms with the roller, and that interfering with your normal gym workouts? In other words, are you forearms recovering before they get worked again by gripping barbells, lat bars, etc?

I do a full body workout when I go to the gym, so as my strenth has started coming back rapidly, suddenly my forearms are becomming a weak link. After heavy lat-pulls, then rows, then heavy shruggs (really tests my grip), my forearms are getting wasted before I even get to curls or wrist curls.

I was thinking that I could use a wrist roller in between workouts to catch my forearms up, or I will have to eventually break up the push pull muscles on different days...(shrug)

Have you guys increased your grip strength a lot, and also experienced hypertrophy due to the roller?

stubbs
03-26-2003, 10:56 AM
hi CD lee,

i do a full body workout and use the wrist roller at the end doing 2x2 complete winds (one wind is all the way up and down and then up and down the other way). this works ok for me.

the wrist roller has increased my grip strength and increased the definition of the individual muscles on the forearm. my hand strength has really shot up since i've been doing pull ups off a towel.

i've struggled a bit in increasing my forearm size with the wrist roller but it's still a great piece of kit to have and use. try doing wrist curls concentrating on the inside of the forearm to increase size or maybe reverse curls. these have helped a bit with me but my forearms still aren't any where near the size i want them to be.

hope this helps a little bit,
stubbs
________
Big tits movies (http://www.****tube.com/categories/10/big-tits/videos/1)

NPMantis
03-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Absolutely no probs mate, I use my wrist roller loads, usually before doing a workout, esp. the gym, or just randomly when I'm bored. I've been training my forearms hard for a couple of years though so they can take a lot, they're fully recovered within a couple of minutes.

Make sure you stretch your forearms after, (ie. by manipulating your hand) and also another good exercise is to open your hand to a flat palm then close to a fist and open again as fast as you can for as long as you can. At first it'll hurt but after a while try to do it for 5-10 mins and you'll see how your forearms change.

G'luk geez.