PDA

View Full Version : Wow a REAL GYM!

Kungfu boy
03-23-2003, 04:44 AM
Hey Guys

Yesterday I went to a place called One-2-One training to start doing a thai class there. I had a blast in the class but the gym itself was interesting too.

1. The thai class ruled. It was alot of bag work, from jab bag and double end bags, thai bags etc. Each bag was for a different strike like knees, kicks etc. Then you go 2 rds. with the teacher which is intense as hell. The whole thing lasts a little longer then an hour. A very conditioning based class, which is great for me. The room is really small though, which is okay I guess. There was one bad part though and that is there were kids there. The kids of course weren't serious I think but if I had kicked the bag hard at all it would have knocked at least one of them down.

If anyone ever asked me what set up I wish I had in my garage, this is it. My own personal torture chamber hahaha.

2. The gym itself. This was not like Bally's or 24hr fitness. This was a bunch of like minded people very focused on fitness. It was a cool atmosphere to be in. There was one exception though which made me raise an eyebrow. There was a woman there (in pretty good shape) but she was wearing some kind of high heel. I guess in every gym there has to be one person who stands out/doesn't fit.

Later Guys and Gals

TzuChan
03-23-2003, 05:44 AM
Kinda off topic, but you talk about your garage gym right, I'm wondering what kind of precautions I have to take if I wanne buy me a heavy bag to hang on the ceiling of my garagae ? I mean when you keep kicking/pushing/hitting it whatever, doesn't it damage your ceiling extremely hard ? And doesn't it come loose after a while ?

Kungfu boy
03-23-2003, 06:23 AM
well when I bought my bag I had to get a stand. It reeally sux too cuz you can't really move around it. My parents wouldn't let me hang it from our rafters, saying it would really damage it. Maybe someone here can answer your question.

You really need a steel bar to hang it on dude, maybe you can rig something that goes into a wood stud or something.

TzuChan
03-23-2003, 07:07 AM
How much did you spend on the stand bag stuff ? You have a picture somewhere ? Or some online picture that looks alot like it ? I just need something to practice my punches on, and when I've had a bad day my kicks =) Will a standing thing do ? Won't it fall over ?

lowsweep
03-28-2003, 08:06 PM
I had the same problem with hanging a bag. I don't have one of these but I found them while I was looking for other options. look around at www.balazboxing.com Its pretty expensive but maybe it will give you some ideas..