PDA

View Full Version : Who knows about Frank Benn? his BJJ etc.

Chang Style Novice
03-23-2003, 01:34 PM
I had occassion to view a class by Frank Benn of the Integrated Arts fighting school yesterday. I'm pretty close to completely out of time and money right now, but I liked the looks of what he was teaching, and spent a few minutes talking to him and his students afterwards. If my dough and schedule situations improve, I'll probably look into training with him.

The thing is, my web searches on his qualifications haven't yielded much. In the archive of his posts at stickgrappler.com, he talks a lot about boxing and wrestling, but what it looked like to e yesterday was that he was teaching bjj. He was wearing a black belt while instructing his students in vale tudo stuff in the guard, but William Vandry makes the claim that he is central TX's only BJJ black belt. Of course, Benn may have a black belt in judo or something else and an extensive background in wrestling, etc., that gives him all the ground experience he needs to teach. But I'd like to know what official qualifications he has.

Khun Kao Charuad
03-23-2003, 04:23 PM
Why don't you just ask him?

I've read a lot of Frank Benn's material, and I'm confident that this guy knows his ****. At least with Boxing. I can't speak for anything else that he teaches. But it does seem to me that you could simply ask him what his experience outside of Boxing has been and then judge for yourself its validity.

Khun Kao

Chang Style Novice
03-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Meh, it didn't occur to me at the time and he isn't open on sundays.:D

Chang Style Novice
03-24-2003, 01:41 PM
bump

(he's not available on mondays at a time I can visit, either)