PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Cheuk Tse - whereabouts ?

buddhapalm
03-24-2003, 07:57 PM
I am looking to contact Sifu Cheuk Tse of Hop Gar. If anyone can privately e-mail me his telephone number or e-mail address I would be most gratefull. He apparently knew my Sigung in the 1960's in San Francisco. I would like to ask him some questions.

My e-mail is teleka@pacbell.net

Cheers

Buddhapalm

once ronin
03-27-2003, 01:24 AM
cheurk tse was a student of harry ng.

was harry ng your si-gung?

buddhapalm
03-27-2003, 08:17 AM
Hi Ronin,
No Harry Ng wasnt my Sigung. Though it is possible that my Sigung may have learned from or with him at one time, but I doubt it.

My Sigung passed away in 1981. I was told that he was friends with Sifu Cheuck Tse in Chinatown in the 50's or 60's sometime. I believe he may be able to provide some history on my Sigung , Dea Bak Dao.

Do you know if Harry Ng has any relationship to Chan Tat Fu in regards to Hop Gar lineage ?

Cheers

Buddhapalm

once ronin
03-28-2003, 03:22 AM
prof cheuk tse today is no where to be found from the 1980's.

he lived in san fran in the 60's and moved to hawaii not long after that.

chan tat fu and harry ng are from 2 different linages.

buddhapalm
03-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Hi Ronin,
Thanks for your reply.

How about you, did you study the Hop Gar system ?

I am also trying to view the King of Canton Staff. It has many poses in tibetankungfu website that are similar to one of my pole forms. Any idea where I could view some Hop Gar/Lama/Lions Roar in San Francisco ?

Cheers

Buddhapalm

once ronin
03-29-2003, 02:50 AM
i dont train in hop gar.

i havent lived in san fran for so long, over 25 years. i dont know who is around.

if you know some of wah ching's boys around there is still

around. you may ask them about prof cheuk tse. wah ching's

boys were students of prof cheuk tse.

i dont know what generations are around but some people in the suey sing or hop sing may know of prof cheuk tse.

buddhapalm
03-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Thanks,

I will look into it.

Who did you train with in San Francisco ?

Did you know my Sifu - Kong Fey Sifu aka Mr. Louie ? He was teaching on Balboa Ave then, or just starting to teach.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

once ronin
03-30-2003, 07:37 PM
the guy that may know where or how to get ahold of cheuk tse would be chan dat fu of hong kong.

so get ahold of chan dat fu call the hong kong chinese martial arts assn.