PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin-Do really kungfu ????tell the truth

dre_doggX
06-05-2001, 01:34 AM
Is shaolin -do pure Kungfu a break away like kempo or just karate with shaoin moves be honest I heard some people right stuff about shaolin-do and I want the facts

Andre Lashley

dre_doggX
06-05-2001, 01:37 AM
so why are some people doubting it has kungfu style??? is to modern whats the case

Andre Lashley

Brad
06-05-2001, 05:34 AM
I think the Chinese influence is mostly in name only. Basicly I haven't heared one person from any legitimate system agree that it is purely Chinese. The amount of chinese influence I've seen from the clips could have easily been goten from tapes or just flat out made up. The way the 7th degree blackbelt moved is extremely similar to how my dad did his Kung Fu when he first started learning(10-15 years traditional TKD).

joedoe
06-05-2001, 07:27 AM
I'm tired of this argument. We've been over it a million times and there is now way to really tell. IMO it doesn't look like any Shaolin style I have ever seen, but that may be more because of the person doing the demos rather than the style. Can we just leave it alone?

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Inquisitor
06-06-2001, 06:41 AM
NO. The only people who would disagree with me are those whose only training in the Chinese Martial Arts is in "Shaolin-Do" (or those who are involved in making $$$, like the Soards, and want the lie to perpetuate). Hence, they have nothing with which they can compare it to.

Radhnoti
06-06-2001, 04:10 PM
A few folks not affiliated with Shaolin-Do have said (on this forum) that they were impressed with something in the system. Boulder Student is one that springs to mind immeadiately. I BELIEVE (pretty sure anyway) that he was based in another Chinese system and came to SD just to learn one or more of the internal systems.
There are others, just do a search on shaolin-do...and get ready to read for a few hours. :D

-Radhnoti

MonkeySlap Too
06-06-2001, 11:51 PM
If you call a duck a pig long enough, some people will beleive it is a pig.

Why do you think no real CMA people recognize Shaolin Do? They like the Gracies better than this stuff. Hmmmm I wonder why?

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.