PDA

View Full Version : ALL IRAQ topics here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

red5angel
07-09-2004, 07:56 AM
and while your at it masterkiller, why don't you use your fancy internet skills to look up both sides of a story for a change.

Nick Forrer
07-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Leslie Stahl: "We have heard that a half million children have died (as a result of sanctions against Iraq). I mean, that is more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?"

Madeleine Albright: "I think this is a very hard choice, but the price, we think the price is worth it."

-- A CBS Sixty Minutes interview between Leslie Stahl and U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, on 12 May 1996

MasterKiller
07-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Sen. Pat Roberts, a Kansas Republican who heads the committee, told reporters that assessments that Iraq had chemical and biological weapons and could make a nuclear weapon by the end of the decade were wrong.

"As the report will show, they were also unreasonable and largely unsupported by the available intelligence," he said.

Intelligence analysts worked from the assumption that Iraq had chemical and biological weapons and was seeking to make more, as well as trying to revive a nuclear weapons program. Instead, investigations after the Iraq invasion have shown that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein had no nuclear weapons program and no biological weapons, and only small amounts of chemical weapons have been found.

Analysts ignored or discounted conflicting information because of their assumptions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, the report said.

"This 'group think' dynamic led Intelligence Community analysts, collectors and managers to both interpret ambiguous evidence as conclusively indicative of a WMD program as well as ignore or minimize evidence that Iraq did not have active and expanding weapons of mass destruction programs," the report concluded.

Such assumptions also led analysts to inflate snippets of questionable information into broad declarations that Iraq had chemical and biological weapons, the report said.

For example, speculation that the presence of one specialized truck could mean an effort to transfer chemical weapons was puffed up into a conclusion that Iraq was actively making chemical weapons, the report said.

Analysts also concluded that Iraq had a mobile biological weapons program based mainly on the since-discredited claims of one Iraqi defector code-named "Curve Ball," it said. American agents did not have direct access to Curve Ball or his debriefers, but the source's information was expanded into the conclusion that Iraq had an advanced and active biological weapons program, the report said.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=512&e=1&u=/ap/20040709/ap_on_go_co/senate_intelligence_report

red5angel
07-09-2004, 11:37 AM
do us all a big favor MK, use a different tack please, this one got old about 8 months ago, and pay attention, no one is arguing those points.

ZIM
07-09-2004, 12:21 PM
(Videotape, October 9, 2002):

SEN. KERRY: Iraq has some lethal and incapacitating agents and is capable of quickly producing weaponizing of a variety of such agents, including anthrax, for delivery on a range of vehicles, such as bombs, missiles, aerial sprayers and covert operatives which would bring them to the United States itself.

In addition, we know they are developing unmanned aerial vehicles capable of delivering chemical and biological warfare agents.

According to the CIA’s report, all U.S. intelligence experts agree that they are seeking nuclear weapons. There is little question that Saddam Hussein wants to develop them.

In the wake of September 11, who among us can say with any certainty to anybody that the weapons might not be used against our troops or against allies in the region? Who can say that this master of miscalculation will not develop a weapon of mass destruction even greater, a nuclear weapon?

(End videotape)
SEN. KERRY: I don’t wish I’d been a naysayer from the start. I did the right thing. My vote was a vote for the security of the United States of America based in the information we were given. Tim, for seven and a half years, Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and we found them. We destroyed them. We knew they were there. We also knew there were some there that we hadn’t finished destroying, at which point the inspections stopped. For four years you had no inspections. During that time, we are told by our intelligence community and by the president the following things are happening:

he’s reconstituting, he’s building. We were even shown photographs: “Here’s what’s happening in this building, Senator.”

MR. RUSSERT: Where are they?

SEN. KERRY: That’s exactly correct. Now, we may find them in the next months. I don’t know the answer to that. What I do know is that it was right to hold Saddam Hussein accountable, absolutely correct. And anybody who doesn’t believe it wasn’t correct ought to go dig around in those graves or even make a judgment about what would happen if you left Saddam Hussein alone to do this.
link (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3080246/)

MasterKiller
07-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by red5angel no one is arguing those points.

^
^

red5angel
07-09-2004, 12:55 PM
nice try but you need to pay more attention. R-E-A-D-I-N-G C-O-M-P-R-E-H-E-H-E-N-S-I-O-N

TheBlackDragons
07-09-2004, 02:09 PM

red5angel
07-09-2004, 02:19 PM
hmmmm, well blackdragons, I'm not even sure where to start so I'm not going to bother. I'll just quote a couple of lines and let it go:

1. Bush is in an secret society called skull and bones

It was a conquest and he pushed indians in to slavery just like Hitler

;)

TheBlackDragons
07-09-2004, 02:57 PM

rubthebuddha
07-09-2004, 02:57 PM
trollish, but entertaining.

1. both al qaida and the taliban continue to put up regular but small bouts of resistance in the outlying areas of afghanistan. wiped out? not quite.

2. plenty of reasons were given to invade iraq, just one or two were focused on and, disappointingly, have yet to be shown true.

3. egypt is a republic very much like the united states (we aren't a democracy, we're a federal republic), and it is 75% muslim. it's also one of the most successful arab nations. democracy can work with islam.

many muslims think the us-chosen administration is cored with infidels, many don't, and many don't care. don't think you can speak for all of them -- unless like saddam, you were voted in by 100% of the populace.

4. bush has repeatedly apologized. his sincerity may be questioned, but to be fair, bush hasn't been shown to single out civilians or groups of them with the simple purpose of torture and death. the problem bush faces is that he and his administration vastly underestimated the difficulty they would face as an occupying force.

5. comparing bush to hitler is confused at best. bush doesn't put his own countrymen into concentration camps and have them summarily executed.

and now for the good stuff:

1. i'm in several secret societies as well. i think the one i joined back in fourth grade was called skull and bones too. maybe bush and i are long-lost buddies! maybe kerry too!

2. i, too, am a distant cousin of the queen. i have the genealogical documentation showing the all the happy lineage back to charlemagne. what my or gwb's or jk's distant cousin-ship with her majesty means -- not a thing, as at least thousands of people can claim the same thing.

3. more votes than 27,00 went unaccounted for, but that happens in every election. regardless of which way the election went, neither candidate had even half of the registered voters on his side. not horribly uncommon, but it's still pretty pathetic that the person leading our country wasn't the first choice of even half the people who voted.

i'm glad red5 took care of your other statement about indians, because i wouldn't even follow the forum rules i'm telling everyone else to follow. :(

4. hitler learned his propoganda from mussolini. hitler learned just about everything from mussolini, except that adolf was motivated much by cultural and racial purity while benito did it for the good of the state.

THere alot of HIstory left out of Public school books apparently more than just history. :rolleyes: re-read your books, dissect and evaluate what both the books and professors claim, then make some more well-founded opinions. i don't care what those opinions are, but at least give them substance.

TheBlackDragons
07-09-2004, 03:01 PM

red5angel
07-09-2004, 03:08 PM
1.Bush and Kerry are both in sKull and Bones

what interviews?

3. There is Rumors of Skull and bones comeing from

the conspiracy website I just read said it began at Yale.

4. Bush and Kerry Are Both Distance Counsin Of

And Our current President is a not so distant relationship to a previous president.

we can never stop terroism thats like trying to stop

there is a quote from someone famous about never being able to stop slavery in america somewhere.......

This is all complete fiction i made up everything

right, or atleast according to us lower-like intelligent masses.

By the way - Hitler didn't enslave the Indians, nor did he enslave the jews or other non aryans.

rubthebuddha
07-09-2004, 03:25 PM
fiction or not, some thoughts remain illustrative ...

"The masses are generally average or below inteligence"

TheBlackDragons
07-09-2004, 03:36 PM

jun_erh
07-28-2004, 01:10 PM
How could we let this happen? (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040713/photos_wl_me_afp/040713090208_2hh5r2ga_photo1)

MasterKiller
07-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by jun_erh
How could we let this happen? (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040713/photos_wl_me_afp/040713090208_2hh5r2ga_photo1) Ask this guy. (http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/abughraib2.jpg)

David Jamieson
07-28-2004, 10:14 PM
or this guy (http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040728/lthumb.bag12207281716.iraq_explosion_bag122.jpg)

He'll never drive that toyota again.

Shaolinlueb
07-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
or this guy (http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040728/lthumb.bag12207281716.iraq_explosion_bag122.jpg)

He'll never drive that toyota again.

a little elbow grease and time will fix anyting ;)

rubthebuddha
07-29-2004, 08:47 AM
that car? maybe the elbow grease of some magical car-fixing race of fairies. otherwise, his boots are made for walkin.