PDA

View Full Version : Bodyweight exercises with a broken foot

FatherDog
03-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Okay, my second metatarsal is fractured. That's the part of the toe that's in the actual foot. That means that I can't put any weight on the foot, and can't flex it at all, although I can move my toes and ankle a bit.

It's gonna be probably four weeks till I can drive again, so I can't really go to the gym. Can anyone suggest body weight exercises I can do with this limitation? So far I've managed to do some pushups, by resting my broken foot on top of my other ankle, and some bridging the same way (although that's tougher, due to balance issues). Any suggestions for more? I can't do pullups, unfortunately; there's nowhere in my house to do so.

Cheese Dog
03-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Hmmm, let's see. You could do a variety of ab exercises.

You could probably do incline pushups with your feet up without problems. Vary the space between your hands from wide to narrow.

About the only other thing I can think of is isometric exercises. You can do alot of them seated.

Sorry to learn of your injury. Maybe someone else will have more ideas.

Merryprankster
03-26-2003, 04:57 AM
Dips if you have something stable to work with. One legged squats... 12 ounce curls.

Robinf
03-26-2003, 06:13 AM
You can sit on chair with a weight on your leg and do extensions. Lie down and do curls. Actually, doing extensions while lying on your back is a good one. And, there are the "Jane Fonda" leg exercise while lying in your side.

Robin

FatherDog
03-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Thanks, guys.