PDA

View Full Version : Royce Gracie Gay; Kung Fu the Ultimate M A; Americans Suck; Which Religion is Best?

Serpent
03-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Well, according to Laughing Cow's challenge to myself and 7*, I'll have a go with this for starters. In this thread I want y'all to discuss everything in the thread title and anything else you fancy.

Of course, I won't be posting here any more in an effort to keep my own post count lower.

(LC, I told you it was a flawed plan!)

:)

Laughing Cow
03-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
(LC, I told you it was a flawed plan!)

Time will tell.

What was the thread topic again??

Who cares if American suck do they swallow or spit??

Seeya.

ZIM
03-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Of the 3, I'd have to say "Kung Fu the ultimate MA" is the best religion.

Serpent
03-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by ZIM
Of the 3, I'd have to say "Kung Fu the ultimate MA" is the best religion.

I like your thinking! ;)

prana
03-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Wanna get a copy of that magazine where the Queensland police got bad rep due to racial injustice.

Serpent
03-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Talking of religion, do you think the whole Iraq thing is drawing the world's attentio away from Islam in any way or adding to it?

With the actions of idiots, Islam has been copping a bad rap lately. How do you think the Iraq thing will affect that?

shaolin kungfu
03-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Excuse me for being rude
It was not me
It was my food

It just popped up
to say hello
And now it's gone back
down below.

joedoe
03-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Serpent, this is where you must enlist the aid of your padawan learner to maintain the post count on your thread. As 7* has no padawan learner yet, you can get the jump on him by getting xebby on the job.

Also, you need to be more contraversial. Try something like Shaolin-Do/Oom Yung Doe is the sh!t and everything else is fake. Or better yet, issue an internet challenge. Or maybe something really un-PC like how women can't fight or something :D

Best of luck.

shaolin kungfu
03-25-2003, 08:44 PM
why cant i say f art?

Serpent
03-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Good work, Joe. On both threads. ;)

shaolin kungfu
03-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Your gonna lose if you keep posting serpent.

prana
03-25-2003, 08:54 PM
today ...

ZIM
03-25-2003, 09:04 PM
OMG- Warnography! Check it out, but pozt here! (http://www.ratemygasmask.com/) :D

prana
03-25-2003, 09:19 PM
is ...

Serpent
03-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
Your gonna lose if you keep posting serpent.

You know, I got SevenStar beat in so many other ways that I really don't need to take this thing too seriously! ;)

prana
03-25-2003, 10:15 PM
the ...

Laughing Cow
03-25-2003, 10:17 PM
Prana.

I think it will take you quiet some time to say what you want to say.

;)

joedoe
03-25-2003, 10:22 PM
It's because English is not his first language, so he has to speak slowly :D

prana
03-25-2003, 10:26 PM
beginning ...

Serpent
03-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Give him time. He'll get there.

prana
03-25-2003, 10:34 PM
of...

joedoe
03-25-2003, 10:34 PM
Quick serp, 7* BLOG is beating this thread. Get your padawan onto it :D

prana
03-25-2003, 10:36 PM
a

shaolin kungfu
03-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Where is xebsball? I havn't seen him around here lately.

prana
03-25-2003, 10:41 PM
very

Serpent
03-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Yeah, it's OK. My Padawan is out in the real world doing some prac training. He'll be here and make his presence felt soon I'm sure.

Serpent
03-25-2003, 10:47 PM
I'm posting a fair amount on 7*'s BLOG thread myself! Not really taking this thread war thing seriously enough, am I! :)

prana
03-25-2003, 10:50 PM
expensive

Serpent
03-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Nearly there...

joedoe
03-25-2003, 10:53 PM
I'm posting a fair amount on 7*'s BLOG thread myself! Not really taking this thread war thing seriously enough, am I! :)

Nope :) However, I gotta hand it to 7* his BLOG is a good idea even if it should be in the training forum :D

Serpent
03-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Yeah. I think it might become a good thread.

shaolin kungfu
03-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Come on prana, finish the sentence.

prana
03-25-2003, 11:05 PM
expense

shaolin kungfu
03-25-2003, 11:08 PM
Today is the beggining of a very expensive expense? what the hell does that mean?

prana
03-25-2003, 11:11 PM
for

prana
03-25-2003, 11:13 PM
I'm just being a post-%ho*r

Nothing important to say really :p

Cheese Dog
03-25-2003, 11:14 PM
I think I'll tune in tomorow. Maybe Prana will have finished his sentence by then! :D

prana
03-25-2003, 11:15 PM
for...

joedoe
03-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Cheese Dog
I think I'll tune in tomorow. Maybe Prana will have finished his sentence by then! :D

No, I think Xmas will get here first :D

prana
03-25-2003, 11:24 PM
Gene :)

hehehe a whole lot of nothing :o ... wow Serpent you sure got enough views out ofyour thread...

Kristoffer
03-26-2003, 02:24 AM
:mad:

Serpent
03-26-2003, 04:16 PM
What are you so mad about Kristoffer?

Guile
03-26-2003, 11:48 PM

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 01:45 AM
LOL at prana :D

serpent: i think it will get more of a bad rep, as there are a LOT of muslim people who hate the "west" (the same is true on the opposite side)... they will move further to one side and hopefully others will move in the other direction.

what pains me most though is that NO muslim nation stepped in to help Iraq against the oppressive regime of Saddam even though islam is (as everyone always says) "against oppression" :(

so im glad that saddam is getting ousted - but dont agree with the way it is being done (against the UN) and am worried what will happen afterwards - not only in iraq but also worldwide as there will for sure be more terrorism.

i mean, my friend hasnt heard from his family in iraq since all this blew off and his cousin *may* have got kidnapped and "drafted" in to saddams army :( its bad news man :(

anyway, enough seriousness in this thread :D

dawood

joedoe
03-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Hope your friend's friends and relatives are all OK. It is messy, and I don't really like the idea of war, but the more I ponder it the more I think that maybe this might have been the only way to remove Saddam. How else can might it be done? He seems to be a man that only understands violence and will do everything, including sending his people to their deaths, to maintain his grip on power.

ZIM
03-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Sure do hope that everything will turn out for the best for your friend & his family- yes, its bad, agreed, and not just in the 'simple' war sense.

I've a question, if you don't mind answering it [and of course, if you can]. I was watching an interview with a muslim prof here in the us...he was talking about the fatwa issued by the moderate cleric [don't have the name-sorry]. His point was that the cleric was well-respected and authorized to be able to make this ruling, if he's doing this, saying jihad, then thats like the pope telling catholics to do the same. Everybody kind of downplayed it like, 'pooh pooh, hes nuts.' :(

Is it really that important? If so, its like bin laden [who isn't authorized to issue fatwas] got his way? Am i seeing this right?

for the mods: just that, no more hijacking of this non-topical thread! :D

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 04:32 PM
for sure joedoe i agree with what u just said... but its shocking how many muslim people think that all the stuff saddam did was "framed" to make him appear bad.

its hard for me as i get both sides of the story, all the "righteous" stuff on the news and propagana - also all the "muslim" stuff too.

really i just stay out of it, support who i can, pray for all involved and get on with my life.

Zim: i dont know all about the "political" side of islam and all that - im something of a heretic in the local community coz i dont mindlessley follow what "scholars" say and also dont have the "culture" in me that means i wont question or try to understand things in fear of somehting called "bidah" in arabic which means making an innovation on top of islam, like making a new invention on top of it.

I dont know much about Fatwas and all that jazz - as far as i know there is a main body of real senior clerics who do that, but really its kinda confusing to me. How can they pass a "law" that is not something directly from God in Quran? That is a type of "worship" - following others but God, which is what has happened in all monotheistic religions over time (ie. Judaism and christianity). Quran clearly says everyone is responsible for their OWN burden, and no one can force it or take it as thats oppression.... so many things are different from what is in Quran.

Also its following these scholars that lead to the different sects in Sunni - such as Wahabbi, Hanafi, Hanibali etc. Yet Quran clearly says there should be no sects.

So really its confusing.

As far as "jihad" its a very ambiguous term coming from the root word for "struggle" in arabic. It can be applied to a lot of htings but most commonly its to "fight". Actually its not "holy war" as some people think, thats 2 arabic words which are much different - but i forgot them :(

Anyone can issue "jihad"(as far as i know and have seen), but the difference is will anyone listen to them or follow God as they are meant to? They can also force the issue by showing an example of verses in Quran that talk about those who do nothing when Jihad is called and will be punished for it.

But "Jihad" has to be done for the right reasons, which as far as i can see in Quran are - against oppression, against someone attacking you, in defence of your country and community and a few other things similar to that. [edit: of course you could say invading a country without a UN sanction can be included in that above, depending on point your of view]

If anything i would say there should have been "jihad" against the regime in iraq to free the people - thankfully the US are doing it as no one else was! That is the most upsetting thing :( But what troubles me is what is gonna happen after it is all over.

Sorry this is so long - but basically im trying to say Islam is in a fu(ked up state right now because the people who have the most "power" and most voices being heard the loudest are those fundamentalist people. The Muslims who are clear and have better understanding are just living their life and following God - they are fighting these extremists the only way they can which is to propagate islam the correct way.

There IS a lot of hatred against islam - i have personally experienced it so i can see why they are acting that way. But persoanlly i think that there is a right anda wrong way to do things.

i have been looking in Quran a LOT and arguing on forums with many of those kind of cold hearted muslims - who dont mind killing any other human being in the name of "islam". yet no one has been able to respond to me without insults or answer the questions i have on many of their practises and ideals.

its interesting. But really i think there will come a time when islam will have another turn of the wheel and those people will burn themselves out (or be destroyed) so that real islam can rise from the ashes again.

sorry for the rant - u probably have no idea what i am meaning or how complicated this is :)

dawood

Serpent
03-27-2003, 05:16 PM
So, Dawood, what I get from your last post is that all the regular followers of Islam should rise up Jihad against all the fundamentalist Muslems calling for Jihad against everyone else!

:eek:

Blimey. What a mess!

;)

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 05:27 PM
LOL!

like i said, jihad doesnt mean war :) imo the best way is thru education and knoweledge - so people see what is the right and wrong way. then they wont have any crazy people to do their dirty work. but that can only happen if also the standard of living is increased etc. too. so its going to be very difficult.

i can understand why those people are doing it, but i think its the wrong way.

really its a screwed up mess - kinda like whats happening in CLF and Wing Chun about lineage and what is the best way forwards etc. All have their own whackos making loud noise etc. :D

really i dont wanna get in to all this mate coz i dont know enough about whats going on, only what i have read in Quran. im not a politician or scholar or dictator, just dawood.

dawood

Serpent
03-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Yep. That's the trouble with whackos. They usually shout loudest so they are the only ones that outsiders hear.

:(

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 05:35 PM
yup. but this is what happens when people mix "politics" and religion, instead of looking after their people. :(

dawood

Serpent
03-27-2003, 05:51 PM
I know this isn't your view, mate, but as far as I'm concerned this is the problem with religion full stop. Any religion. As soon as you have a codified system and any form of dogma you have people trying to gain power by controlling that dogma and people trying to bend that dogma to suit their own agendas.

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 05:53 PM
lol!

its amazing how humans fu(k up the original concept of something that is so clear :)

dawood

Serpent
03-27-2003, 05:58 PM
There will always be fukwits that want to control others. Man never made a greater tool for them than religion.

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 05:59 PM
or politics :D

dawood

Serpent
03-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Or Shaolin-Do.

Laughing Cow
03-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Or Shaolin-Do.

Did someone mention:

Shaolin-Do'h.

:D :D

joedoe
03-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Or Oom Yung Doe
Or Shou Shu
Or Shen Mue

The list goes on :D

Serpent
03-27-2003, 08:01 PM
And Grandmaster Lord Holy On High Messiah Super Saiyan Magical Sorceror Dalai Simon.

Or whatever he calls himself.

joedoe
03-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Does he have the 'Z' sword? :D

shaolin kungfu
03-27-2003, 09:59 PM
He did, but it broke. Now all he has is some old **** that keeps complaining.

joedoe
03-27-2003, 10:06 PM
LOL :D

Did he have to sit and meditate for 3 weeks while the old fella danced around him? :D

shaolin kungfu
03-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Yup. He then faced down a magical creature that managed to be both deadly and pink at the same time.

Serpent
03-27-2003, 10:17 PM
What the hell are you two on about!?

joedoe
03-27-2003, 10:17 PM
Doh. That is as far in the series as I managed to see. I got as far as Buu splitting into good Buu and bad Buu. Have to buy the DVDs one day I think :D

Serpent
03-27-2003, 10:18 PM
:confused:

shaolin kungfu
03-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Don't try to understand, serpent. Just accept.

joedoe
03-27-2003, 10:23 PM
Serp - Dragonball-Z. Great cartoon. Good mix of Japanese MA cartoon and sheer comedy.

Serpent
03-27-2003, 10:23 PM
shaolin, That could be my life motto!

Joe, Aha! With you now. Never seen it.