PDA

View Full Version : Kungfu Television Series of WB, "BLACK SLASH"

dre_doggX
03-26-2003, 02:35 PM
hey, this is going to ill, I think it comes on in 4 or 5 days. it primetime I think, this will be good. It seems to be geared to teenagers and young adults, so how might this change things for Kungfu. I some them doing what I precieved to be Bagua Zhang Escrima, and Tai Chi and some other Wushu stuff(external M.A) so how will this change things for Kungfu. I sick of other martial artist saying "Kungfu is basically dancing with kicks and punches"

SevenStar
03-26-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking it will be mostly wushu, but I'll still check it out to see what it's about. I started a thread on this show a couple of weeks ago - you can see some more replies about it there.

PHILBERT
03-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Im looking forward to it, though I probably will be stuck with downloading episodes off KaZaA like I do with Smallville.

No_Know
03-26-2003, 11:06 PM
Kaza is in Black Sash? OOooooooooo...

7*, I think that there will be attempted Ba Gua in it too (noticed from previews).

BAI HE
03-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Saw a thread on emptyflower.
They will be boing some Bagua, Gao or Sun style in the
pilot episode. I guessTim Cartmell and one of his students worked with them.

apoweyn
03-27-2003, 01:41 PM
so how might this change things for Kungfu.

It won't. If it's a good show, it's a good show. And that would be cool. But kung fu has been big in the entertainment industry for ages now. I can't see that one new Russell Wong series will change things much one way or another.

Stuart B.

PHILBERT
03-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Maybe for some Bagua instructors. If the show becomes pretty popular and it appears in a News Paper article, I wouldn't be surprised to find some schools doing Bagua hanging the article on the wall.

apoweyn
03-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
Maybe for some Bagua instructors. If the show becomes pretty popular and it appears in a News Paper article, I wouldn't be surprised to find some schools doing Bagua hanging the article on the wall.

Hmm... Well, you might be right about that. Although, with all the buzz about Matt Damon using kali in 'The Bourne Identity', I still kinda doubt it caused much difference in the FMA world. I imagine the same could be said of 'The Hunted.'

But I don't have any data to confirm or deny that.

Stuart B.

dre_doggX
03-28-2003, 11:52 AM
When is BlackSlash coming on.

apoweyn
03-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Isn't it 'Black Sash'?

Or 'Back Slash'? :)

I don't know when it comes on. Doesn't the WB site say?

Stuart B.

PHILBERT
03-28-2003, 01:03 PM
http://www.thewb.com/

On the side it says Back Sash, click that for info. It comes on this Sunday though, 9 pm eastern, 8 central.

I remember back when that [God awful] movie ENOUGH with [butt ugly bimbo] Jennifer Lopez came out, I went to a Karate school with a friend and they had Krav Maga there. The guy had an article on the wall about the movie.