PDA

View Full Version : What strategy would you use?

BeiKongHui
03-27-2003, 11:04 AM
Against this monster?

Butterbean (http://www.butterbean.com/)

I think mine would be to run like he11! :eek:

shaolin kungfu
03-27-2003, 11:21 AM
Hit him in the throat.

apoweyn
03-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, if I had to fight Butterbean, I think I'd probably try something similar to Marco Ruas vs. Paul "Polar Bear" Varelans. Guerrilla warfare with the low round kick to the thigh. Eventually, that leg couldn't support Varelan's weight anymore, and he just fell.

That said, Butterbean is probably a better puncher than Varelans. And I doubt I'd have the reach advantage on him. So staying at my kicking range might result in a knuckle sandwich for Ap.

I'd think about getting close and doing bodywork. But seriously, I've sparred a boxer about 6'5", maybe 250 lbs. Stayed close to him and worked the body. The success of that strategy can best be summed up as follows:

Once I backed him up against the wall and rained uppercuts into his ribs. His tall enough that I can't see his face. (My forehead is literally on his chest, and I'm 6'1".) But the people watching just start laughing. I'm guessing that he's up there just looking kinda bored. And that was about right. Afterward, though, he told me that he'd nearly thrown up his dinner down the back of my shirt.

So that was what passes for success in that case. Very nearly getting a shirt full of some dude's din dins.

After that, I did more headhunting. So that's my best answer. Go for the head. Go for the legs. Pass on the body.

Stuart B.

apoweyn
03-27-2003, 11:25 AM
p.s. That was a sports answer, assuming we were doing a ring event (since Butterbean's a ring fighter and all). In a non-ring event, I'd just fling a Portuguese-man-o-war at his head and then make a break for it.

norther practitioner
03-27-2003, 11:34 AM
lol at AP...

shaolin kungfu....could you find it?

I'd go for the throw (joking). I'd try to work the legs if I could avoid getting knocked out by one of his crosses.

fa_jing
03-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Butterbean has a throat?????

shaolin kungfu
03-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Has anyone seen him fight?

I was just kidding about the throat thing. I'd have to get way too close to him.

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 11:45 AM
holy sh|t :eek:
maybe thats what i would use :D

either that or the get on my knees and beg for mercy technique :D

dawood

BeiKongHui
03-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Good post Apowyn. I think I'd go for the legs as well. Watching Butterbean he doesn't seem to have the best technique, relying on haymakers, size and strength but he also seemed to be seriously resistant to pain and injury. I figure I'd try to headhunt as well but he'd probably laugh at my punches and feed me his glove. :p

I don't know about going for the throat. He has a neck like a telephone pole and it'd probably just ensure he really f'ed me up!

BeiKongHui
03-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Has anyone seen him fight?

I've seen some tapes and he is one viscious man. Guys that were bigger than him went down in seconds. He's also in Jacka$$ the Movie doing a "Department Store Boxing" thing with Johnny Knoxville. I've never seen Knoxville get hurt that badly either.

There's also a guy who steps in the ring with a light weight Muay Thai women's champion and she beat him down. I think it's coming out on video soon.

LOL@ dezhen2001
Me too!

apoweyn
03-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Thanks BKH.

:)

FatherDog
03-27-2003, 12:38 PM
I'd whack him with my crutches.

apoweyn
03-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog
I'd whack him with my crutches.

That's Butterbean's weakness. Like wooden stakes to a vampire.

Oso
03-27-2003, 01:38 PM
It's behemoth's like Butterbean that keep me from entering Tough Man contests...no way in he ll I could beat him straight boxing !!!

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 01:40 PM
would be a bit difficult to stick a crutch thru his heart though... 1) gotta get past that hard plastic stopper at the bottom of the crutch and 2) gotta find his heart :D

dawood

apoweyn
03-27-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
would be a bit difficult to stick a crutch thru his heart though... 1) gotta get past that hard plastic stopper at the bottom of the crutch and 2) gotta find his heart :D

dawood

Well, sure, you've got to get a running start. But that's what all the road work is for, surely.

Stuart B.

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 02:07 PM
like the pole vault? actually... would be easier to use one of those poles - then he couldnt reach ya :D

dawood

apoweyn
03-27-2003, 02:10 PM
He's impervious to pole vault poles. Don't ask me why. The Green Lantern is vulnerable to yellow stuff. Robin is vulnerable to... pants. And Butterbean is vulnerable to crutches.

[shrug]

Such is the way of things. :)

Oso
03-27-2003, 02:12 PM
He is, of course, extremely vulnerable to the common bean pole.

norther practitioner
03-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Well, sure, you've got to get a running start. But that's what all the road work is for, surely.

lol.... I'm at work..... I do road work, so this just caught my eye...

(I'm a design engineer, do roadway design, so yes you can be like what the hell did they put that there for, and it is my fault...lol)

Thinking of it, I'd bring my knives, and some food... treat it like an iron chef thing, then have him be the taster.....just put something nasty in there, give him food poisoning and kick him in the head while he was hunched over.

ZIM
03-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Projectile vomit attack....? That rare Fly-style kung fu technique...

dezhen2001
03-27-2003, 03:14 PM
LOL :D

dawood

Budokan
03-28-2003, 05:06 AM
How would you like to be the protege who has to shave Butterbean's body hair every morning...? Ugh.:eek:

apoweyn
03-28-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Budokan
How would you like to be the protege who has to shave Butterbean's body hair every morning...? Ugh.:eek:

Perhaps I shoulda waited until after breakfast to revisit this thread.

:)

Black Jack
03-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Offer him a ham sandwhich and hope a pulls a momma cass.