PDA

View Full Version : beautiful springtime

foolinthedeck
03-29-2003, 04:00 PM
as the weather has been so good lately, i've been thinking about my wing chun. it seems to me that wing chun is aptly named 'beautiful springtime' (my translation)

wing chun is beautiful.
the movement of a tang has quality, there is a relaxation and grace to it that is normally reserved solely for 'internal arts'

its not showy and overdone like some arts, perhaps olympic wushu - no disrespect intended.
as a practioner of wing chun it just feels as if my practise is a spiritual expererience, chi sau a moving meditation, silent talk and martial communication.

every movement has a perfection of form. not superior to other arts, but superior to every other movement i can perform.

like in cheng hsin, wing chun is a tool for the development of my consciousness.

i'd like to hear more people praise wing chun for its beauty.

kj
03-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by foolinthedeck
i'd like to hear more people praise wing chun for its beauty.

Careful listening will reveal those who do. :)

Regards,
- kj

yuanfen
03-29-2003, 07:04 PM
The inner beauty of wing chun shows what an artist Mother Nature is. Some lady!

yuanfen
03-29-2003, 07:05 PM
And- you dont mess with Mother Nature either. There will be a storm coming.

Phenix
03-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen

Hi Joy,

This is my "idea" of how Wing Chun looks like. :D

Phenix
03-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen

This is another one.....:D

Always spring and young......

EnterTheWhip
03-29-2003, 07:58 PM
This is Wing chun before the fight.

EnterTheWhip
03-29-2003, 07:59 PM
during the fight

EnterTheWhip
03-29-2003, 08:00 PM
after the fight.

UltimateFighter
04-01-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by kj

Careful listening will reveal those who do. :)

Regards,
- kj

My God..............the pretentiousness may well kill us all. Why is traditional martial arts dogged by this quasi-hippy-false philosphy that so many seem to sprout. It seems people think if they try and talk like an old Chinese master from a KungFu film, they will become one lol.

kj
04-01-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by UltimateFighter

My God..............the pretentiousness may well kill us all. Why is traditional martial arts dogged by this quasi-hippy-false philosphy that so many seem to sprout. It seems people think if they try and talk like an old Chinese master from a KungFu film, they will become one lol.

LOL. Good thing I didn't major in philosophy. :D

Regards,
- kj

PHILBERT
04-01-2003, 12:12 PM
Ive also read it translated as "Hope for the future". Only once on that one, while I've heard "Glorious springtime" and "beautiful springtime" several times.

foolinthedeck
04-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Philbert:
i also heard it is "humming a tune in springtime"

and hey! i'm not pretentious
lol silly fool

PHILBERT
04-02-2003, 03:28 PM
Well...in most of them spring time appears, and if you want to get REALLY techical, you can say humming a tune in spring time is beautiful and glorious.