PDA

View Full Version : The case meridian:Indian and Chinese.

Former castleva
03-30-2003, 04:07 AM
Making it short-
I understand while tcm holds 12 channels on average (all the way to 14) Indian seems to keep 24.
Anyone have any insight to this?

Repulsive Monkey
03-30-2003, 04:25 AM
TCM has 12 meridians and then 8 extra ones too. The 8 extra are seen as resevoirs to other 12 main organ meridians.
There is no average amount in TCM there always is 12 and the 8 extra, there is no other option.

Former castleva
03-30-2003, 04:30 AM
I forgot about extra meridians,but to my understanding they are 6 (or do these relate to vessels) to sum up-whatever.
How about Indian idea?

Repulsive Monkey
03-30-2003, 07:52 AM
Why do you say 6? There are both Yin and Yang Heel channels (thats 2) , Yin and Yang arm channels (another 2) and then the Ren and Du channels (front and back of body) and the last 2 are the Dai mai (girdle channel) and the Chong mai (the central channel) and that makes 8. So those 8 plus the 12 organ channels : Liver, Gall-Bladder, Heart, Small Intestine, Pericardium, Triple-Burner, Spleen, Stomach, Lung, Bladder and Kidney, makes a total of 20 for TCM.
I am under educated within the Indian systems, I take it like the chinese with Triple-Burner they have aspects of the body which make up the other channels which do not actually exist as bodily material?

Former castleva
03-30-2003, 08:38 AM
OK.Thank you.

I guess I´m a bit confused with all of these,considering the various explanations thrown around while mostly being aware of the basics.