PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Joseph Wayne Smiths Futshan Ng Mui Pai Wing Chun Books ?

FIRE HAWK
03-30-2003, 05:47 PM
I herd that this style in these books have Pan Nam , Yuen Kay San, Mai Gai Wong , and Yip Man Yip Chun Wing Chun mixed in alltogethor in what the books says is called Futshan Ng Mui Pai Wing Chun ? Could somebody give me more information on this version of Wing Chun ?

yuanfen
03-30-2003, 08:13 PM
No comment on Smith's teacher. but Smith's books ....well......

planetwc
03-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Chop Suey.:rolleyes:

How is the recovery going Firehawk?

KPM
03-31-2003, 03:06 AM
The books themselves never give a name to the WCK that they contain. Nor do they outline a lineage of teachers. But to me they look primarily like Yip Chun's WCK with possibly a few variations in the forms that come from Pan Nam WCK. There are far better books out there.

Keith

HuangKaiVun
04-01-2003, 03:02 PM
I really liked these books.

Explanations are clear and concise. Photos are good. Needless repetitions and lineage posturing are avoided. All the basic sets are presented.

What I don't agree with was the use of Lama Pai and Muay Thai to augment WC, but then I don't use WC in the same way Leong does. But at least these guys are thinking about fighting.

I use these books as reference material from time to time, though my delivery and application of the moves are COMPLETELY different.