PDA

View Full Version : SUMMER CLASSES

mello
06-15-2001, 09:46 PM
The Shaolin Temple Overseas Headquarters located in Flushing, NY are holding their yearly summer classes starting July 9th. All are welcomed.

Summer Classes (http://www.shaolin-overseas.org/summer.html)

inpho
06-24-2001, 07:05 AM
This isn't entirely on topic but... could I ask you some questions about the Overseas school? I'm moving to New York this summer and want to study at one of the Shaolin schools there.

mello
06-24-2001, 11:35 PM
Sure, what are your questions?

inpho
06-25-2001, 01:43 AM
I've gone to a trial class and know I wanna go to the Overseas school and I'm really excited about it and looking forward to it without really having any output for my excitement. I've been training my legs and flexability a lot but still.

For this reason could you just (if it's not a pain) list a bunch of the forms you learn? I'm not one of those people who thinks it really matters if the forms are traditional or not I'm just curious and excited and wanna see what's in store for me.

At my current school we learn seven open-hand forms, then some weapons forms, and then more advanced forms. It's taken me (going two hours daily) about seven months to learn the first seven forms. I realize it depends on a person's own private abilities and training style but generally what sort of time period is given to a form?

Also, I heard that the Sutra classes are tought entirely in Manderin, is this true?

I think that should do now. Thanks a huge amount and see you at the open house! :D