PDA

View Full Version : nervous system fatigue (quick responce appreicated)

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-31-2003, 04:35 PM
i have recently started working out after a very long break (about 8 months due to chemo/radiation). i have been working out for about a month but really started hitting it hard the past week and a half as my first day back to class is this thursday.

i havent lifted weights at all yet, but i feel that i have been experiencing what iron fist refers to as nervous system fatigue. all day long i have felt like im buzzing on caffeine when such an effect from caffien is no longer possible (plus i have had less than my usual intake ... drinking lots of water). it's kinda cool because i have gotten so much done today, but i was wondering if this is a sign that i should take it easy or lay off completely for a day or two. thus far i have been doing breathing sets, crunches, pushups here and there, a lot of bag work, a lot of foot/stance work, and a lot of basic technique work every night. this has definetely upped my strength levels after 6 months of being poisoned and i feel that my explain why i feel the way i do today. nothing is sore except my stomach (which obviously means no crunches) and my legs a little but they'll have to suffer if im going to train.

so should i take tonight and tomorrow light/off or does the jitters mean little if im not lifting?

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-31-2003, 09:36 PM
well i trained tonight, but im still curious about what this nervous stuff does exactly.

prana
03-31-2003, 09:43 PM
buzzing on caffeine ? or perhaps you feel jitters a little ? Like salt or electrolyte deficiency ?

Didnt know you had to go to Chemo, hope you are well. Always appreciated your honest truth and "rawness" and it all makes sense.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-01-2003, 02:31 PM
im fine now, thanks prana. it wasn't fun but there's little i feel i can't accomplish now.

i dunno about yesterday... i dont think it was caffeen though i guess it could have just been a jittery day ... i felt like i had done a lot of speed or something. ahh well ... im just gonna take today off and train with my buddy tomorrow.

thursday first day back at class. ... im excited.

prana
04-02-2003, 04:40 AM
GDA !

many respects...

FatherDog
04-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
thursday first day back at class. ... im excited.

Good on ya, man. I've been going nuts with not being able to train since I broke my foot, and it's only been two weeks. I can't imagine how frustrating it must have been for you.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-03-2003, 01:48 PM
yeah it sucked. after a while i was worried that'd i'd get so accustomed to sitting on my ass playing video games that i wouldnt get back into it. after i started feeling better i realized that was impossible. only complaint is that training is taking away from my gaming time. stupid heavy bag.