PDA

View Full Version : Those pills that supposedly prevent hangovers

IronFist
04-01-2003, 07:29 PM
I think they're called "Chaser." They sell them at GNC and stuff, but usually when I got to GNC they're sold out. Has anyone tried them? How did they work? Did they block the alcohol entirely (ie. you couldn't even get a buzz), or did they just prevent the hangover part? Or did they not do anything at all?

Thanks.

IronFist

OdderMensch
04-01-2003, 07:58 PM
but I've only gotten one hangover and it was when I did not follow this advice.

the hangover is caused primaraly by dehydration. Alcohol dehydrates you so you must rehydrate soon after drinking. Me, I drink about twice as much water as I do alcohol by volume (easy cause i don't drink beer) and take a couple of asperin before you go to sleep.
never failed me.

Laughing Cow
04-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Alcohol, results in dehydration and lowering of blood sugar levels.

Fructose, Glucose or similar tablets plus plenty of Water will sort you out.
Was standard supply when I was with the GA, pop 2 Tablets into a drunks mouth wait 10 minutes and he improves a LOT, most of the times we could send them home by themselves rather than calling help.

Also you need to eat something before hitting the sack.

joedoe
04-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Isn't vitamin B also used up when you drink alcohol, so vitamin B supplements are supposed to help you recover form hangovers as well (so I was told). But rehydration is definitely important.

Laughing Cow
04-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
Isn't vitamin B also used up when you drink alcohol, so vitamin B supplements are supposed to help you recover form hangovers as well (so I was told). But rehydration is definitely important.

Yep, forgot about that. The things I was talking about are taken BEFORE the hangover sets in, ie, before you go too sleep.

We always used to head to a "WurstBude" after the last drink, for some good sausages.
Luckily they were open 24/7.
:D :D

Serpent
04-01-2003, 08:41 PM
After a big night out, follow this routine:

Before bed, drink at least 1 litre of water with 2 Nurofen and a big old fizzy glass of Berrocca.

In the morning, repeat but leave out the Nurofen.

Voila, no hangover, guaranteed.

Of course, if you're too drunk to do the bedtime stuff before you crash then you deserve a hangover! ;)

DrunkMonk
04-01-2003, 08:47 PM
ok...I don't get heaches but I am nautious the next day. All day I feel like I'm going to puke. How do I avoid that feeling, because that makes for a horrible day.

Serpent
04-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Drink more water. It's dehydration that makes you feel like that, but you gotta drink a lot of water before you crash.