PDA

View Full Version : New video clips

bob10
04-02-2003, 03:12 AM
I've uploaded a whole bunch of new video clips to my site. They can be accessed from

http://www.systemauk.com/video1.htm

They include taiji clips (from a few years back) of various forms, applications, sword work, plus some systema class and workshop clips, plus some new clips of Vladimir's knife work.

Cheers

SevenStar
04-02-2003, 03:26 AM
nice. I haven't seen all of them yet, but there are two of the knife defenses I'd be scared to try - I'm clumsy and would likely impale myself :)

I really like that second punch defense.

bob10
04-02-2003, 03:31 AM
Thanks!

I know, Vlad makes the knife work look so easy it's almost funny.

FWIW the last time we tried live blade work one of our guys managed to stab himself in the leg - and he was the attacker!

cheers

carly
04-02-2003, 04:50 PM
While Vlad moves very well and obviously has some good stuff, too much of it still looks unrealistic and aikido-like, depending on an unwary or untrained or cooperative partner.

bob10
04-03-2003, 01:43 AM
I can see why you may think that, I had similar doubts when I saw one of his videos the first time. It all looked "too easy".

However hands-on with him soon removed my doubts. There were no restrictions on what I was allowed to try on him, nor on the speed and power. He handled everything I threw at him with ease. I've seen many others try too, some of them highly experienced people, with the same result.

Also bear in mind most of these clips are showing demonstrations for teaching purposes, so in that sense they are not working against an all out attack. But they do work in "real life", and very well too.