PDA

View Full Version : What is Chain punching

reemul
06-20-2001, 08:00 AM
I recall the term from another post, if someone could, please describe.

greyseal
06-21-2001, 01:38 AM
Chain punching, at least from what I've learned in Wing Chun, is rapid punching, one punch after another, a chain of punches. In Wing Chun these are started and finished from a centerline position.
Hope that helped. :)

reemul
06-21-2001, 08:54 AM
We just call it cobonations.

S.Teebas
06-21-2001, 09:37 PM
Similar concept to combinations, but not quite.

Chain punching involves a straight line punch from the centre of the body to the target. Once the first punch connects; the next punch (straight line again) is on its way out to the same target and as the first punch is being withdrawn..the next one IMMEDIATELY replaces it. This is done up to 8 times per second. Because we use relaxed muscle (which is heavier than tenced muscle) it travels faster and harder. If applied correctly to the skull the first punch moves the brain in the opponents skull upon impact...and the second one can result in a K.O or unconciousness; due to the brain not having sufficent time to recover from this assult.

There is A LOT more to chain punching than this..but it will give you a little idea. :)

S.Teebas

reemul
06-23-2001, 01:24 PM
flexed muscle forces more blood into the affected muscle increase the mass making it heaver, as opposed to when you rlease the muscle and the blood escaped the muscle tissue. But I do understand the concept of chain punching as you described it.

S.Teebas
06-25-2001, 07:28 AM
Im not going to say my style is better than you style but simply state our schools theory (well my understanding of it anyway)

WC is very tedious. It teaches us which muscles to use etc... Actually while we of course must use muscles to dictae our movement, the majority of it is performed using the ligaments in the shoulder (for the punch). We find this advantageous in the fact that using alot or excess muscle usage;actually diverts from the maxium power achievable (holding the arm back). As 'Force = Mass X Acceleration' we aim to utilise the maximum body weight accelerated as fast as possible. The topic of the arm is only one aspect of WC that i am covering...but the idea is to utilise the maximum mass of the arm as possible. Ever woken up laying on your arm and it goes all numb>? and whe you try to sit up it feels really heavy... this is the mass of you arm umsupported by surrounding muscles. which is what we aim at delivering at our opponents skull...many times per second, which as im sure your aware can be quite devistating. You really need to FEEL the force of WC to appreciate it. I used to practice a very external system and wasnt convinced of the power of WC till the incructor at the local school went ape on me...(in a friendly sort of way)

S.Teebas