PDA

View Full Version : Shi Hengxin solo?

chiman
06-24-2001, 03:45 AM
I was in Chinatown (nyc) today and noticed a flyer for Shi Hengxin(who has been assisting Shi Guolin for the past few years). Does anyone know if he is leaving the Flushing school to start his own joint?

More Shaolin Schools in New York!!!

amitabha

"Watch the Eight
Diagram smash the
diaphragm"

Ted
06-24-2001, 04:05 AM
Really????? Where?????? When?????? How?????? Any info would be great. Do you have the flyer? Where did you see it?

Thanks,
Ted

inpho
06-24-2001, 07:03 AM
I know he'll be there at least over the summer because he's teaching at Goulin's summer school.

Shaolindynasty
06-24-2001, 04:18 PM
You guys in NY have enough Shaolin Monks. Send some to IL **** you! :mad:

Witness the Dynasty!!!
New Site! www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

Ted
06-24-2001, 04:27 PM
Chiman where did you see the flyer? Was it hanging up somewhere? Was it a hand out? Did it give any contact info? Please respond.

Thank You,
Ted

chiman
06-24-2001, 10:55 PM
It was at Bok Lei Po on Mott Street. There were flyers where you first walk in there. It had a phone number but no address or schedule.

"Watch the Eight
Diagram smash the
diaphragm"

Ted
06-25-2001, 10:31 PM
Chiman,

Thanks for your reply.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Can anyone confirm that Shi Hengxin has left?

Thanks,
Ted :confused:

GeneChing
06-26-2001, 11:25 PM
According the Chen Taiji Master Ren Guangyi, Shi Hengxin has indeed left Shi Guolin's school and struck out on his own. Master Ren called us yesterday and said that the leave was not prompted by anything negative. It was just time for him to leave. Perhaps Hengxin snatched the pebble from Guolin's palm.

Whatever the case, NY has way to many Shaolin Monk run schools and should really think about sharing with the rest of the country....

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com (http://www.KUNGFUmagazine.com)

Furious Tiger
06-27-2001, 12:38 AM
:) GeneChing, how do you perpose we do that? LOL.. ;)

Furious Tiger

Shaolindynasty
06-27-2001, 01:46 AM
We could shoot them with traqulizers while they sleep and put them in a cage to transport to IL. Then before the drugs have completely worn off release them in the city. Once they bcome used to their sorroundings they would start teaching as that is the way of the Shaolin species. :D

Witness the Dynasty!!!

GeneChing
06-27-2001, 09:06 AM
hey you got noah's bagels in every city in America, surely you could start pushin' da monks.
:p

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher

inpho
06-27-2001, 09:53 AM
that. sucks.

Ted
06-27-2001, 02:20 PM
Gene,

Thanks for the info. Did you happen to get any contact info for Hengxin? Does anyone know where hes living or planning to reopen? He is really unbelievable and I think it is a shame for Guolins school and students. But I'm sure everything will be fine. Guolin is a great teacher and I'm very happy for Hengxin to start something for himself.

Any info would be great.

Thaks,
Ted :(

chiman
06-27-2001, 03:10 PM
I just left the flyer at the store since I'm training elsewhere so you'd probably have to go to chinatown unless someone here is so informed.

"Watch the Eight
Diagram smash the
diaphragm"

Shaolindynasty
06-27-2001, 05:13 PM
Slang Monks? Better than crack rocks!

Witness the Dynasty!!!

Furious Tiger
06-27-2001, 05:32 PM
I'll see if I can locate a flyer or more information. I'm tempted as well.

Furious Tiger

Ted
06-28-2001, 06:11 PM
Furious Tiger,

Did you happen to find the flyer in China town? I live far away and wont be able to get there for a few weeks. Did you find out any info?

Thanks,
Ted

Ted
06-30-2001, 05:35 PM
Does anyone have the flyer to post or fax? I won't be able to get to China town for a few weeks and would really like the info. Anyone live close?

Thanks,
Ted

GeneChing
07-01-2001, 07:11 PM
got contact?

Please post it when you do.

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher

inpho
07-01-2001, 10:55 PM
The school's phone number is on their web page (http://www.shaolin-overseas.org), if you're that curious you could just call them.

Is anyone gonna be at the open house this Saturday? It will be interesting so see what that's like without Hengxin. I'm going to train at Goulin's school next year, so it's a **** shame. Perhaps Goulin will bring over another monk like he did Hengxin.

GeneChing
07-02-2001, 01:52 AM
I have Guolin's number. I was just visiting him April...

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher

inpho
07-02-2001, 07:23 AM
I assume Goulin would have it.

Ted
07-03-2001, 04:05 PM
So no one has his number? Does anyone live or work close to China town?

inpho
07-05-2001, 03:17 AM
Oh for god's sake, if noone's going to call Goulin about it I'll ask him during class next week.

Shaolindynasty
07-05-2001, 06:33 PM
I'm still waiting for my Monk in the mail. **** UPS for it's slow service!

Witness the Dynasty!!!

Ted
07-08-2001, 05:30 PM
Anyone find anything out over the weekend?

Ted

Ted
07-09-2001, 07:24 PM
Inpho,

Did you goto the open house this weekend. Did anyone go?

Ted

Ted
07-10-2001, 05:53 PM
Just trying to keep this post alive.....

MrNine
07-11-2001, 01:55 AM
Jeesh, If no one else will, I'll go to Mott Street on Thursday and get the dang phone number. I'll post it here after I have called Hengxin myself to ask about his new school. Hope it's in Manhattan.

Ted
07-11-2001, 05:09 AM
MrNine,

Thanks....... I havent been able to get there and was hoping someone could. Thanks

Ted

Royal Dragon
07-19-2001, 05:55 PM
You under estemated the powere of the Shaolin Worrior Monk species. Your tranqualizers wore off during shipping and he tore his way out of the box at the UPS hub!!!

You were right about the nature of this creature though, He set up shop in the UPS break room and is now teaching the deliverie drivers!!!!

See ya Sunday!!

Royal Dragon

Check out the Royal Dragon Web site

http://www.Royaldragon.4dw.com

inpho
07-19-2001, 06:13 PM
So Ted did you ever find out about Hengxin?

Shaolindynasty
07-19-2001, 07:14 PM
I new somthing went wrong. Now I am going to have to make an insurance claim on that monk. I just don't know how I am going to tell ups I was shipping a Shaolin Monk, oh well maybe the mail order bussiness I got it from can explain.

Witness the Dynasty!!!

Royal Dragon
07-19-2001, 09:38 PM
Funny you should mention that, UPS ships live (5?:)animals ALL the time!!

My Fiancee, works in the reptile buisness, and they ship THOUSANDS of reptiles LIVE to the pet stores they wholesale to. It's scarry really!!!

Did you check the tracking number on that Monk?

RD

Check out the Royal Dragon Web site

http://www.Royaldragon.4dw.com

Ted
07-20-2001, 01:44 PM
Inpho,
All I have found out is that hes teaching in China town. I believe at 440 Lafayette Blvd.... I havent been to China town yet to get his flyer to find out for sure where he is... Did you ever train with him? Hes awesome! :)

Are you training at the overseas temple now?

Ted

inpho
07-20-2001, 09:30 PM
Ted, I train at the temple very seldom since I still live in Boston (where I train at a different school) but as of September I'll be at the temple daily. I'd be interested in Hengxin's school though... herm. I havent' had a chance to even see him in real life, he's never there when I am.

Hman
07-23-2001, 03:28 PM
Shi Hengxin definately went solo. I just recently started studying in Flushing after six months of training in NYC, and know that Shi Hengxin felt the need to go out on his own.

When I went to check out the Temple in Flushing Shi Hengxin actually performed a form which was simply phenomenal. I also saw him train others, and really appreciated the personal attention that he was giving to the students.

In any event, I am looking into getting the number from someone who knows him. I hope to have the contact number this week, and I will post it at as soon as I get it

monkeymind
07-23-2001, 11:13 PM
I heard that Hengxin teaches a 10:00 am class at the above indicated address on Sundays.

inpho
07-24-2001, 10:00 PM
Hman, when you say "felt the need to go out on his own" do you mean he just left? Sifu Goulin has said on many occasions that he wants his Flushing temple to branch off throughout New York and the United States in general and I assume Hengxin's leaving is just this process happening. As Sifu Goulin is Hengxin's sifu with all the loyalty that classically goes along with this I highly doubt Hengxin would just up and leave without it being decided by Goulin.

Anyway, keep us posted. :D

Ted
07-25-2001, 03:21 PM
Inpho,

I've read on another forum that Hengxin has lived as a monk for many years and after a few years of living in the city, he has decided the monk life wasn't for him anymore. Please dont take this as fact because this was just something I read on another forum (www.shaolin.nl) under a topic for Shi Yanbo.

As for Shifu Guolins temple branching out, I dont believe this to be true. If he were branching out there would've been some kind of notice posted or even a going away party.

From what I understand Hengxin has left the temple on good terms with Guolin. I dont know how some of his students feel? I know that I'm a little upset that he just up and left with no notice. He didnt even say good bye. But I'm sure he had a reason.

I'm sure that we will hear a lot more from him in the future. He is a very nice person and his Martial Skill is awesome. I wish him luck. Only time will tell.

Ted

heres the link for the shaolin.nl forum.
Shaolin.nl (http://www.shaolin.nl/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi)

inpho
07-26-2001, 08:26 AM
Ted, about the monk thing, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's interesting none the less. :D

As to his leaving, well nothing seems particularly cemented at his new school yet so perhaps Goulin hasn't announced it. Further if they left on good terms I don't see why Goulin wouldn't publicise it. Did you ever call the Overseas school yet?

inpho
07-26-2001, 08:29 AM
Ted et al, I just read the Hengxin posts on te Shaolin.nl message board and retract what I said, you're right. I'm pretty **** supprised...

Hman
07-26-2001, 04:06 PM
Inpho:

I am friends with one of the instructors at the temple in Flushing, so the source is rather credible.

It is apparent that the subject is a sensitive one. So when I speak about it, I would like to be respectful and sensitive as well. I can only say, as it was related to me, that Hengxin has gone out on his own. Meaning that he is no longer under the supervision of Shi Goulin.

If you have your doubts about what the reason is in terms of loyalty I would suggest you ask him. I for one, am very interested to see what he has to offer as far as kung fu is concernced, and to stay away from the politics.

Where do you train? Does anyone have a phone number to contact Hengxin

inpho
07-26-2001, 07:20 PM
Hman, yeah I knew that's what my last post mean. I was talking to a few of the instructors last night. The number of Hengxin's new school is: 917-842-2688

Hman
07-27-2001, 01:38 AM
Inpho:

I saw the number that you have here on the russbo forum. Unfortunately it seems that the phone number is not active as of yet. Please let me know if you have any luck.

Hman
08-09-2001, 07:10 PM
I got these numbers off the russbo forum and tried them this morning. 917-842-2688 or 917-518-3038.

The answering machine picks up for both of the numbers.

If there are any students who study with Shi Hengxin I would love to hear about it.

fgxpanzerz
08-19-2001, 04:39 AM
u guys are ridiculous. Just cuz some guys iz a "monk," it doesnt mean he is good at gung fu or a good fighter. Wake up all of u! STudying with a "monk" wont make u good at gung fu! Hard practice! That's the key!

mortal
08-19-2001, 05:55 PM
Never judge others only judge yourself!
Lazy monk student :p

Hman
08-21-2001, 02:19 AM
Mortal,
How true. Whats up with this guy? This guy must meditate for a while to regain his balance. Just my opinion.

To all who are interested, I finally began training last sunday with Hengxin. While I was told the first class is free, I felt it only fair to actually pay after I trained. To which I was responded to with sincere gratitude.

From what I saw, the training was hard work coupled with a great atmosphere. For me it was a perfect combination.

I believe that training is a very personal thing. I am not here to degrade anyone or to sing the accolades of others. I have trained in many differnt styles, including Aikido, Jeet Kun Do, Krav Maga, Judo, TKD, and ofcourse, my personal favorite, Shaolin. They all have something to offer and each instructor has something to give. It all depends on what you are looking for. In last sundays class, I personally found a great teacher coupled with my favorite style. And, I have spoken to Hengxin's assistant who has been encouraging and most of all respectful. Her conviction to stay clear of any hurtful comments or bashing in relation to any of the other sifus in the area was a breath of fresh air, and indicitive of her one and only concern. Training.

My only regret is that the class is twice a week. So far I feel that I have found a great teacher and I hope that Hengxin will continue to cultivate my greatest potential with in the art of shaolin. So far so good.

Amitabha - Shalom

Ted
08-23-2001, 12:11 AM
Whos is helping Shifu Hengxin? You said he has an assistant? I havent been able to get to his new classes yet but i will soon I hope.

Thanks,

Ted

Hman
08-23-2001, 03:45 PM
I am sorry but I am not exactly sure how to spell her name. In any event, hopefully you will find your way over to the class sooner than later and find out then.

The word is definitely spreading. Through word of mouth, there are more and more people expressing serious interest in attending the class.

Personally, I have been praying for the week to end sooner so I can get back. Hope to see you sunday.

mortal
08-26-2001, 06:06 PM
I had the great pleasure of training with Heng Xin. All I could say is wow. That guy can move. He is young and it shows. His energy level is incredible. I highly recomend his class to anyone who is serious about training. I have trained with other monks in the past. The thing I liked about working with him was the attention. He does every move he teaches over and over at full speed. Other masters stand around shouting orders. He does everything in front of you. He payed attention to every student. More attention then I have ever gotten from any master. I will be training with him again on friday. Looking forward to it.

Hman
10-20-2001, 03:55 AM
How is everyone? I have been out of training for about two months because of two herniated disks in my upper back. I am literally craving to get back to class.

What are the latest forms being taught? I learned the five stance form and half of the continuous fist. I am wondering what the next form is called.

If anyone is studying under Heng Xin and would like to keep in touch just keep this post alive.

I hope to hear from someone soon. Since I am laid up, this is my only connection at the moment, and I feel like my oxygen is running out.

Amitabha!

fajinpower
10-22-2001, 05:34 AM
HMan.
The forms is as follow so far.
Wu Bu Chuan - Five Stances Forms.
Lin Huan Chuan - Continuous Form.
Tone Be Chuan - Penetrating Fist.
There should be a small Lo Han Chuan - but I don't remember.

Hman - if you need to speak - you can email me.

Or - Mi -Tor - Fu!
;)

Ted
10-22-2001, 05:43 PM
How are Hengxin's classes going? Has this WTC thing affected him at all? I havent been able to get to his class yet but I will. Is he still teaching on only Fridays and Sundays at 10? Hengxins awesome and I cant wait to start training with him again. I hope everythings going good for him.

Ted

Urbanfist14
10-23-2001, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone, just curious, how much are the classes at 440 Lafayette. I'm on a tight budget but will do whatever it takes if need be. Thanks for any info.

fajinpower
10-27-2001, 01:50 AM
Ted - Yes-the schedule is the same.

UrbanFist14 - Brooklyn Guy.
Stop by there and you will see. Email me, and I tell you.

Peace, and Simplicity is the key to life.

Hman
10-27-2001, 02:27 AM
I have heard from some of the more serious students that people who have fallen on hard times will still be welcomed. I am not sure whether that means if there is an agreement that can be worked out or not.

I would suggest going to the class, training and speaking to them about your situation.

I hope that things are going well with everyone and that they actualizing their potential. I look foward to getting back to normal and training again.