PDA

View Full Version : **** Skippy, I'm back!

African Tiger
04-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Whew! Let that be a lesson to all of you, never buy a cut-rate PC. It WILL die on you when you least expect it!!!!

Sorry I've been out of the loop peeps. I'm sure I missed the best (and worst) discussions.

For those of you who haven't heard, my little Hong Kong adventure was preempted by the local gang leaders! Apparently two members of the film crew were assaulted at the airport, then most of their equipment was set on fire. Now I hear that there's a heath scare in Southeast Asia...I guess it really wasn't meant to be....

So in the interim:

Met and hung out with Sifu Abel and introduced him to Sifu Totten at my school,

Shot a commercial (Kellogg's Special K, for those interested, look for it by end of April),

Got a little fatter from not training (depression is a *****! So is not having any money to pay Sifu...)

And generally hung around on my ass doing nothing...except missing this board and of course, Wendy!!!

African Tiger
04-04-2003, 06:09 PM
And I see that our ****ing software filter is STILL too ****ing ass-tight to let d a m n go by without ****ing covering it with those ****ty ****ing asterisks!!!

Guile
04-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Sup Tiger. At least you arent quarintined:D

wushu chik
04-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Welcome back AT!!!

Glad to see you're doing good!!!

~Wen~

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-04-2003, 07:13 PM
i was just wondering what happened to you the other day. glad you aint dead man.

FatherDog
04-04-2003, 08:18 PM
It's good that you're back. No board is truly complete without a black actor that does kung fu and smokes up heavily.

.....holy ****! I just realized; African Tiger is Dolemite!

:D

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-04-2003, 09:08 PM
ha

scotty1
04-04-2003, 10:12 PM
So did you **** Skippy?

African Tiger
04-05-2003, 05:20 PM
No, Skippy would be that ******* on "Family Ties" back in the day. You know, one of the other actors that hasn't done jack s hit since the show ended? Me ****ing Skippy would be...er, gay? But I will certainly da mn him!

Wendy - glad to see my future wife is doing well and still around. How's school, hunny bunny? When are you coming down here to see a brotha?

Naw, I'm hardly Dolomite. More Jim Kelly with a smidge of Ron Van Clief and a little Wesley Snipes for the true blackness. Not this Chocktaw/Cherokee Indian, Italian, Scotch-Irish, blackness you see here.

And like Cheech and Chong, I'm STILL SMOKIN'

diego
04-05-2003, 05:53 PM
at what you talking about skippy?...is that saying from family ties?.and lol at that one family ties ep when tom hanks plays micheal j's lawyer uncle hopped up on speed pills...which was the moral issue of the episode...meth

Stacey
04-05-2003, 05:56 PM
wow, congrats on the comercial...but I had no idea that you were black....

is he still aloud on the forums?

shaolin kungfu
04-06-2003, 03:59 AM
Yes he is aloud(bad grammar). I can hear him, what about the rest of you?

guohuen
04-06-2003, 10:09 AM
African Tiger- African
Choctaw
Cherokee
Italian
Irish
Scottish

Guohuen - Cherokee
Choctaw
Italian
Irish
Scottish
Dutch

I think I had better give Mom a call. :D

African Tiger
04-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Just goes to show you how close we all are in races. Soon the concept of race will go the way of cro-magnon man....until then,

I JUST FOUND MY LONG LONG COUSIN, GUOHUEN!!!!

Now, off to my bowl to smoke away my troubles....yeah right!

joedoe
04-07-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by African Tiger
Just goes to show you how close we all are in races. Soon the concept of race will go the way of cro-magnon man....until then,

I JUST FOUND MY LONG LONG COUSIN, GUOHUEN!!!!

Now, off to my bowl to smoke away my troubles....yeah right!

Sure he's not your long lost brother? :D

guohuen
04-07-2003, 08:08 AM
That's correct. We are brothers. Now quit Bogarting that thing.

African Tiger
04-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Yes...(puff, inhale, hold for 30 count.....) I guess that would make us...what the hell were we talking about?

Darn short term memory loss! :D

SifuAbel
04-07-2003, 11:39 PM
Oh yeah, NOWWWWW you break out the good stuff.

:D :D :D

AT is a cool dude. Had a good time talking and hanging wid' 'da homie.

I just realized something, I thought your teacher's name was Albright, and I addressed him so!! Doh!

Oh well, I'll get it right next time.

African Tiger
04-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Rudy, tell me that is not Frank-N-Furter from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in your avatar......

.....PLEASE tell me that's not him ;)

Although that would be a pretty cool collectible action figure...

Sifu T: er, not quite Albright :). Carl, actually. It seems as if the Brown Sashes get to refer to him by his first name. That, and Sifu T actually has a teacher's pet or two ("sifu's pet" if you will) that refer to him as Carl outside the school.

guohuen
04-08-2003, 11:13 AM
That made me laff!

SifuAbel
04-08-2003, 12:15 PM
No, thats a special picture donated by St00. It seems he has an affinity for pageantry.

Click here for a closer veiw. (http://home.earthlink.net/~drhchan/STGorgeoussmall.JPG)

Mojo
04-08-2003, 01:17 PM
AT
I'm a little confused here, did you make it to China, and if so, did you get to go to Sifu Lews Monastary ?

African Tiger
04-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Mojo - never made it. Had some problems, as described in my first post.

Sadly, Sifu Totten told me before I left (sic - I never left) that the Yellow Dragon Monastery is literally a shadow of itself. The Temple is mostly rubble; only a few rooms remain, and the monks have gone elsewhere. I would have wasted my time getting a visa to go to that part of China anyway - unlike Hong Kong, mainland China isn't very accessible.

Many of the monks, like GM Lew (AKA: Share K Lew) escaped to the U.S. during/after WWII. Chalk it up to "The People's Revolution" :rolleyes:

joedoe
04-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Mojo - never made it. Had some problems, as described in my first post.

Sadly, Sifu Totten told me before I left (sic - I never left) that the Yellow Dragon Monastery is literally a shadow of itself. The Temple is mostly rubble; only a few rooms remain, and the monks have gone elsewhere. I would have wasted my time getting a visa to go to that part of China anyway - unlike Hong Kong, mainland China isn't very accessible.

Many of the monks, like GM Lew (AKA: Share K Lew) escaped to the U.S. during/after WWII. Chalk it up to "The People's Revolution" :rolleyes:

What do you mean by "mainland China isn't very accessible"? I have never had a problem with it, but it may be different for US citizens. Or am I not reading this right?

African Tiger
04-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Well, from what I understand, you have to get a special visa to leave Hong Kong and travel to the mainland. I'm sure "they" would be less inclined to give that special visa to an American.

...especially if the head guard looks anything like Mr. Han... :D

Serpent
04-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Welcome back, Tiger.

Hey Guohen, are you black too? I wanna see the two of you in the same room together before I'll trust either of you again! ;)

joedoe
04-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Well, from what I understand, you have to get a special visa to leave Hong Kong and travel to the mainland. I'm sure "they" would be less inclined to give that special visa to an American.

...especially if the head guard looks anything like Mr. Han... :D

OK, never been to the mainland via HK. Otherwise I have never had a problem getting into China, or moving around China once I was in there.

wushu chik
04-09-2003, 12:04 AM
Ahhh,
Same ol' AT!! Smoking, flirting, and causing havoc!!!

Glad to see you're back ;)

Abel...that's a VERY disturbing pic you have. Thanks for sharing :p

~Wen~

SifuAbel
04-09-2003, 12:07 AM
LOL!

guohuen
04-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Maybe from way back, I'm told I look like a white Franco Harris. My wife is part African.

African Tiger
04-09-2003, 08:05 PM
ME, causing havoc? Why wenny-poo, whatever do you mean? :D

Say, how about we create our own little part-Africans? I promise I won't smoke durin' the luvin', babe :D :D :D

joedoe - don't think they like 'mericans too much.

On a side note, that was my old Marine Corps unit that tore down the statue of Sadaam Hussein today in Baghdad...made me want to cry, I was so proud :D Give 'em hell, jarheads!

wushu chik
04-10-2003, 12:29 AM
:D

Serpent
04-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by guohuen
Maybe from way back, I'm told I look like a white Franco Harris. My wife is part African.

Cool. I dunno who Franco Harris is, but I get where you're coming from.

:)

African Tiger
04-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Best team of the 70's - The Steelers! :cool: