PDA

View Full Version : Hung Ga School

Furious Tiger
06-25-2001, 03:38 AM
I am in the process of kwoons, for personal reasons. What I wanted to know if anyone is a student at Sifu Yee's Hung Ga Academy in NYC? I wanted to know how you enjoyed the school, atmosphere, Instructors, etc. :confused:

Furious Tiger

WongFeHung
06-25-2001, 04:40 AM
In NYC, Yee's Hung-Ga is the place to go. Many of the instructors, like Dixon Fong, Hui Chow, Peter Berman, etc are warm, friendly and eager to help a student who is dilligent. The Tang Fung lineage is very powerful and solid and practical.

DF
06-25-2001, 06:49 AM
Thank you for considering our school. I recommend you visit one of our branches and judge for yourself. Please keep in mind that there are many great kf schools in the NYC and numerious styles to choose from. It is very important that you pick the school that will fit your liking and your personality. At Yee's Hung Gar, we are pretty much a friendly bunch, however we do have very strict rules. Your proper conduct does not restrict only during class time but applies outside of school as well. This might be hard and seem over demanding for the students, but rules are rules. One of them which you might find ironic is that No Yee's Hung Ga Student Is Allowed To Participate In Any Public Forum OR CLAIMS TO REPRESENT YEE'S HUNG GA WITHOUT MY PERMISSION OR THE PERMISSION FROM SIFU YEE. We have our reasons for doing that, one of them is because we take responsibility in any thing we say and do. Anyone breaks this rule is subject to immediate expulsion from Yee's Hung Ga.
I don't want to sound like I am pushing you away from our school. I just think it is only fair to let you know this and you can make a better decision. At the end of the day, you have to enjoy the environment you are in, and enjoy doing what you want. Again, I want to thank you for considering us and please come up to visit if you like.

Dixon Fung

PS thks TenTigers for the kind words

Furious Tiger
06-25-2001, 11:54 PM
For the information. I truley do appreciate rules, seven years of military school has drilled the importance into me and honestly do not think that that would be an issue. I will definately drop by the Chinatown Branch and see for myself. Again DF and Ten Tigers, thank you for the information. Catch ya there.

Furious Tiger