PDA

View Full Version : lifetime experience in China

chenpengcheng
04-04-2003, 07:49 PM
This is an absolutely great chance for every KungFu enthusiast, who shows great interest in the traditional Chinese Martial Arts. Applicants can get access to one of the most remarkable styles in China, the White Crane Style. All courses will be given by the present-day prestigious White Crane masters in person in Fuzhou, Fujian, China. Moreover, all lessons will be provided for free. In exchange for this, we expect the appliants to work in the English Language School, teaching English as a full-time teacher. The applicants will not be paid during the period of his working in the English Language School. KungFu courses range from beginner level to advanced level. Taking this great opportunity, the applicants will get the channel to find out the secrets of Chinese Martail Arts. While studying and working in China, the applicants will also be assisted to link to other extraordinary styles.

English-speaking applicants are preferred. All applicants are expected to spend half an year or one year in China, due to the fact that the English Laugangue School requires some one who can work there for at least six months. Of course, any one who is willing to stay in China for one year is especially welcome. Staying longer in China means that, the applicants will get more about Chinese KungFu. So, to some extend, both sides will draw benifits from it. Working in China on one hand, Studing KungFu on the other hand. Isn't it a great chance that will give you the enriched lifetime experience?

Any applicant who , if, is found talented enough, will be accepted as the formal disciple.

Any one who is interested in this, please do not hesitate to contact me at chenpengcheng123@yahoo.com

Chen PengCheng,
Fuzhou, Fujian
China

Stacey
04-05-2003, 03:16 PM
dude, you like..need to beat us up before we become your disciples. You got no name.

Kinjit
04-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Kinda similar to to that combat karate ads they have in fightsport magazine... Sounds better though!

chenpengcheng
04-06-2003, 02:06 AM
This is a serious deal.

Liokault
04-06-2003, 02:31 AM
Hmmmm

I have been looking into the cost of living in China for a few weeks as my work is talking about moving me out their for a while.

1/ as an English teacher you can earn $80 a day (info from a friend who used to teach in bejing)

2/ kung fu classes are going to cost less than $80 a day where ever u go.

3/ you are still looking to pay $350 for a 1 bed flat (nice sized) per month.

So I think to sum up if u wanna go to china go but look into it. There are lots of places that will PAY you to teach english and give u accomadation and u get to choose where you learn kung fu.

Also dont get tied into a deal where by you are traped with no pay for a minimum of 6 months!!

stubbs
04-06-2003, 06:37 AM
i want to go to china, provided SARS doesn't get too much out of hand. anyone have any good links of schools i can contact? i want to stay for as long as i can afford which will be about ?2000 by september. i've found this:

http://www.gaomartialarts.com/index.html

but i've emailed them twice and i haven't had a reply.

i would do the teaching thing but i doubt ?2k would be enough to support me for 6 months if thats the absolute minimum.
________
Marijuana Joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

Liokault
04-06-2003, 09:14 AM
Stubbs.

If u are interested in going to China and your English there should be no prob.

Do a search and you will find any number of companys that want to PAY YOU to teach English.

Most will provide you with a place to stay as well.

I see no reason why you even need your 2k apart from to make sure that you have an easy way home incase you get traped/ripped off.

Stacey
04-06-2003, 12:28 PM
careful, mainland Chinese wont think twice before screwing you. They can't be trusted. Go to California if you want to learn kung fu.

maccajim
04-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Stubbs have a look at www.russbo.com he has a forum on Shaolin go to the archive section and there are journals from people who have trained in China.

Also their is a section on schools though only Shaolin ones near Henan, he also organises trips to a school in Defang next one is August i think.

good luck

Tainan Mantis
04-06-2003, 09:53 PM
chenpengcheng,
In Taiwan one day of teaching English often can pay for a month of kung fu class.

I don't know if it is the same on the mainland.

Maybe you need to offer more things that wouldn't cost you much, but would be valuable to westerners such as:
-language courses
-traditional medical... many to chose from here
-mountain treks
etc.

chenpengcheng
04-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Thanks for your advice.

It is not always the same thing in China. Studying in China still costs more, especially for the real fighting techniques which masters won't expose to others easily.

Serpent
04-06-2003, 11:29 PM
AWOOGA! AWOOGA!

Scam Alert!

Beware.

Laughing Cow
04-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Here is some advise from someone that lived abroad:

1.) Be as independant as possible, may it be financially, language, etc.
2.) Don't go and live in an arranged apartment/place unless it is a deal like JET offers or similar.
3.) Make sure that you have an income and sufficient savings to get you back home.
4.) Never ever hand your documents to anybody.
5.) Be careful of who you work for and even if the conditions are agreed upon before-hand don't be surpised of the deal changed after you got there.
6.) Never rely on a friend or an employer to arrange your visa or similar, do it yourself.

No matter who friendly and supportive your hosts are things do happen and most likely you won't have any medical insurance, unemployement benefits or similar.

Also forget about embassies helping you, most of the times they will tell you flatout that their job is to maintain good relations and not to babysit/cover your arse.

Cheers.

morgan
04-07-2003, 03:32 AM
I can provide some info for living/working in Foshan and surrounding areas. Drop me an email if your interested. morgan at cloud9.net

stubbs
04-07-2003, 09:34 AM
cheers for the advice guys
________
TOYOTA VANGUARD (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Vanguard)

neit
04-07-2003, 05:20 PM
this sounds like an excellent opportunity. i have taught english oveseas before in exchange for room. i would not want to do it for too long though. i would like to warn people that teaching english can be very annoying and tiresome at times, however it can also be worthwhile.