PDA

View Full Version : overtraining?

trevorstalker
04-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Hi everybody!

I'm new to the world of MA, just started training a month ago. My question is about overtraining. During the warm-up of each class my instructor tell us to do sets of abs, push-ups, squats and back extensions (using bodyweight only). This are mostly 2 sets of 50 reps each, that are supposed to be done at a fast pace. Normally I'm not out of breath after the warm-up, but training 3 times a week (tue,wed and thur) wouldn't this sets be considered overtraining?

Also, could anyone suggest more back exercises, using only bodyweight?

Peace!

Cyborg
04-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Bridging.

IronFist
04-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Welcome to KFO.

If you can do them without becoming too tired, then it's probably not going to overtrain you. Three times a week isn't that bad.

If you start to experience signs of overtraining, then you might want to cut back.

IronFist

inic
04-07-2003, 12:00 PM
haha, overtraining.... story of my life..
do a workout session with me and you'll know what overtraining is....
train 3 weeks hard, then rest 1 week (do to injury from overtraining haha)

prana
04-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Measure your waking heart rate. If its abnormally high, its almost a sure sign of overtraining. Especially, when you cant sleep and start catching colds easily.

Kempo Guy
04-08-2003, 08:33 AM
I don't think three times per week will lead to overtraining, but if you're worried then take Prana's advice.

Another sign of overtraining is fatigue Especially if this goes on for several days. If this is the case take a few days off. You're training for the long term, so there's no reason for you to overtrain.

KG

Guile
04-08-2003, 09:34 AM
Eat a lot also!

trevorstalker
04-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Yeah, thanx everybody for the advices. Prana, I'll start measuring my wake rate this week, but I have none of the sympthons you guys mentioned. Thanx again guys! :)