PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi Double Swords?

African Tiger
04-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey gang:

Just picked up a set of Straight Swords off ebay. Anyone know of any links to Dual Tai Chi Sword techniques? Not necessarily photos of entire forms, but I wanted to know something about the background.

If you do have a link to a video for sale, please include that as well!

Vapour
04-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by African Tiger
Hey gang:

Just picked up a set of Straight Swords off ebay. Anyone know of any links to Dual Tai Chi Sword techniques? Not necessarily photos of entire forms, but I wanted to know something about the background.

If you do have a link to a video for sale, please include that as well!

Only style of taijiquan which I know use double sword is Chen style. However, the swords used are Dao (broadsword) not Jian (long sword). So I think you got the wrong sword.

Laughing Cow
04-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Vapour

Only style of taijiquan which I know use double sword is Chen style. However, the swords used are Dao (broadsword) not Jian (long sword). So I think you got the wrong sword.

Have to disagree here.

I have a Video of my Teacher where he performs a double jiang form.
The double jiang is also mentioned on the "Chen Village" Homepage.

Not many of the Chen weapons forms like hooks, double maces, 2-section staff are often shown.
Don't know if they are traditional or modern additions though.

OTOH, I have never seen a video that goes into details on those weapons.

Cheers.

No_Know
04-11-2003, 04:09 PM
At the guest book (http://www.arms2armor.com/Swords/chindbl1.htm)

They say they give information if one asks.~

ngokfei
04-11-2003, 04:15 PM
I think I saw a video in wayfare pubblications catalogue that has a video tape of one of tt liang's students demonstrating Tai Chi weapons and the double straight sword was one of them.

unrelated
04-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow

Have to disagree here.

I have a Video of my Teacher where he performs a double jiang form.
The double jiang is also mentioned on the "Chen Village" Homepage.

Not many of the Chen weapons forms like hooks, double maces, 2-section staff are often shown.
Don't know if they are traditional or modern additions though.

OTOH, I have never seen a video that goes into details on those weapons.

Cheers.

Here is a page with DVDs of some Chen forms.

http://www.cmaod.org/ChentaichiDVD2.html

The double broadsword and double straight sword videos are available. The double straightsword form was assembled in the early 20th century based on the double broadsword set.

It would be interesting to see videos of the double maces, tiger hooks or 2-section staff.