PDA

View Full Version : MMA one step too far

Block
04-08-2003, 10:01 PM
I just read a post on a Karate forum where a guy has added some bizarre techniques to his WC.

He first added a bjj back roll claiming it fit the centre line theory :rolleyes:

And then went on to say that he was very impressed by break dancers so has added that to his system too (LOL)

Geez I hope this guy was joking. But from the things I've seen on the net, nothing will surprise me.

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=7114

SevenStar
04-09-2003, 12:38 AM
It looks like that forum has several posts that are, um.... intellectually challenged to say the least. My guess is that they are mainly kids or hobbyists

reneritchie
04-09-2003, 07:49 AM
When I was in high school, I competed in Karate tournaments, and near the end, I began to see more and more bizarre BS creep in. The last one I went to, in the Kata division, there was a school that wore neon white Kimono tops with black Hakama pants, and in the middle of their BS Kata, they did Jazz dance, including pelvis and hip rotations more appropriate in a Madona concert or HBO flick....

gnugear
04-09-2003, 09:15 AM
.... and all the evil staring. I was watching a competition on TV and these kids were sporting very menacing faces and yelled through 80% of their routine.

They lacked the relaxed look :D

old jong
04-10-2003, 01:47 PM
I am always amazed when I see kids do a front roll,ending up in a split with a pair of kamas,yelling like crasy with bulging eyes!:eek:

Grendel
04-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by old jong
I am always amazed when I see kids do a front roll,ending up in a split with a pair of kamas,yelling like crasy with bulging eyes!:eek:
Obviously the problem with quality control is not limited to Wing Chun. :p

old jong
04-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Hey!...These kids are all black belters! They know how to handle nuckchakus...And,they yell a lot better than us! :eek:

mun hung
04-10-2003, 03:13 PM
(quote) by Rene
When I was in high school, I competed in Karate tournaments, and near the end, I began to see more and more bizarre BS creep in. The last one I went to, in the Kata division, there was a school that wore neon white Kimono tops with black Hakama pants, and in the middle of their BS Kata, they did Jazz dance, including pelvis and hip rotations more appropriate in a Madona concert or HBO flick....

That has definitely been going on in some karate tourneys for some time now. TCMA have also unfortunately gone that way with all of the BS made-up "traditional looking" forms I see more and more of at various kung fu tourneys these days. I remember asking a judge what a competitor was doing and he said "I really don't know, but it looks like..."

In a hundred years from now there won't be anything left but (sob) MMA and Wushu. :(

old jong
04-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by mun hung

In a hundred years from now there won't be anything left but (sob) MMA and Wushu. :(
No!...They will replace all remains of martial arts by cybernetic implants and DNA manipulations to produce machines like killers without fear or pains. Holographic transmissions of these fights will be available everywhere on earth and Mars colony by Pay per view. ;)

If Bush as not caused global destruction in the meantimes....;)

JK Walz
04-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Grendel

But, they were big stuff more than 1000 years ago. Too bad about them falling into self-pity and hubris.

Regards,

The French did give us the Northern United States...errr....I mean "Canada".

reneritchie
04-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Great military power that we are, I think most Canadians are drinking high percentage beer and watching hockey. (including our two bi-planes, dingy, and regiment of heavy cars, between working double shifts in Afganistan).

So get off our case, eh, hosers! 8P

old jong
04-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by reneritchie

So get off our case, eh, hosers! 8P
eh?...;)
This thing is my fault.I admit. I should'nt have mentionned Mr.President. ;)

kj
04-10-2003, 08:04 PM

eh?...;)
This thing is my fault.I admit. I should'nt have mentionned Mr.President. ;)

Anyone can mention whatever they like, but then they should be willing to hear out my political viewpoints as well. I propose that no one in their right mind wants to take our Wing Chun forum down that alley. ;)

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

old jong
04-11-2003, 03:32 AM
We are losing our centerline here!:eek: :eek: :eek:

kj
04-11-2003, 04:43 AM
We are losing our centerline here!:eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL. Not yet. :p
- kj

old jong
04-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Some posts were deleted so we are losing our forward pressure here!...;)

yuanfen
04-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Yup- some threads are truncated and some posts disappear.
Repent.
The end of the world is near!!!