PDA

View Full Version : Detox

bodhitree
04-09-2003, 06:51 AM
hellow everyone
I posted this same question on the qigong forum, but does anyone have any suggestions for someone who just quit smoking to detoxify there body. Thank You.

Former castleva
04-09-2003, 12:36 PM
http://www.lungusa.org/tobacco/quit_ben.html

bodhitree
04-10-2003, 04:54 AM
thank you! I printed that up for extra motivation. I've been feeling like exploding, or smoking so now I'll keep reading this.

Former castleva
04-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Addiction is comparable to that of drugs.
That might be a good plan.
Read such material and think of reasons to keep you off,even try writing them on paper and stick to positive things and thoughts you can receive trough quitting.

Former castleva
04-10-2003, 05:29 AM
Even when you are feeling the blues.

Guile
04-10-2003, 07:52 AM
good luck trying to stop smoking

ZIM
04-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Congrats on your decision.

I was thinking about your question on the qiqong forum, "any lung-specific exercises?" and what I was thinking is:

Smoking does broad-based damage, so just do regular qiqong, no specifically different exercises. That way, you should repair all the damage equally.

How's your breathing? Do you find yourself gasping, sighing, hiccoughing, wheezing, etc.?

How's your diet? More fresh/uncooked veggies, fruits, WATER WATER WATER, and 'cleaner' foods might help.

Also: look into bowel cleansing [yech!] ... you don't have to get overboard with that one ;) The idea is to keep cycling the garbage out.

Last: no beating up on yourself!

bodhitree
04-11-2003, 06:30 AM
I gave in to temptation and started smoking again I need to move to Bhutan where there are anti smoking laws to quit, however thanks for the imput, and I'm very disapointed in myself

awakenwired
04-13-2003, 09:31 AM
You lost the battle, but you can still win the war. I used nicotine gum and the patch for a little while. Then I got ****y and stopped using them and suddenly realized how well they really do work. There's nicotine lozenges out now, that's gotta be a helluva lot better then the gum, give that a shot. And never quit trying to quit. ;)

ZIM
04-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Do NOT beat up on yourself! You gave it a shot, and now you know more about how to quit, and how not to! It DOEs have some worth!

Lets see, you probly were quitting because everybody else was crawling all over you to quit, right? Feeling guilty, etc?

I'm guessing so. ;)

So, just light up, it's cool. You weren't doing it for yourself, not reallly. But IF you want to try again, go this route:

Find someone who has a cold. Get the cold. Drink off their glass, whatever. Get so ****ed sick a cigarette sounds like a bad joke. No SARS, dude!

THAT should make the first two days a cakewalk.

I'm serious. :) Then the rest is just denying the urge to smoke for another month or so...

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 10:23 AM
*slaps on another patch*
I dont think its working... Im beggining to look like a mummy...
j/k
Never tried the patch. Im in the process of quitting my **** self, for personal reasons... (decided that carrying around a pack of cigs and an inhalor made me look REALLY stupid....)
Honestly the pot helps the nerves... But then again youd still be smoking, but at least its not tar...
:)

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 10:24 AM
oops, one more thing
green tea is a great natural antioxidant.

Former castleva
04-14-2003, 10:37 AM
You see bodh,we´re all standing behind to back you up.
You can do it,do not give up!!