PDA

View Full Version : Moderation Q?

reneritchie
04-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Hey Sandman,

Instead of closing what are otherwise interesting and productive threads, could you perhaps just delete in their entirety any posts that devolve into personal attacks? That would let those of us capable of productive discourse continue uninterupted, and provide some deterent to those few who repeatedly violate forum policy and accepted behavioral standards.

(It occurs to me, if behaving badly gets threads closed, those who lack foundation enough to discuss a topic, but have political reasons for wanting to stop its discussion, which just use such cyber-terrorism tactics to ruin it for everyone).

Geezer
04-09-2003, 08:17 AM
Rene Wrote>

It occurs to me, if behaving badly gets threads closed, those who lack foundation enough to discuss a topic, but have political reasons for wanting to stop its discussion, which just use such cyber-terrorism tactics to ruin it for everyone

I realise this is directed at me, but when I ask questions you're not prepared to answer them in an adult manner?????
So why is it I address some issues and now it's people are behaving badly????
I don't see any rude words in there...........what ever happened to Freedom Of Speech????????

Sheldon

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
04-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Rene,
For the most part, that's what I do. For the future, please refer any questions concerning posting moderation to either PM or email rather than posting threads on it, so that we don't use up forum bandwidth. I would really appreciate it.