PDA

View Full Version : My Training Begins

Jodo
04-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Well I had recently created a thread about Aikido and how I can start. (Hoping somebody will post some links to sites that would help me)

But after looking at other sections on the Wai Jia forum area I saw that there are many other styls of Kung Fu.

I would like it if somebody can list a few styles that would most suit me.

I won't to learn some weapons techniques but then I want to maintain a calm and relaxed state of mind. I also want to gain stength and endurance.

Some training tips would be helpful, and a workout plan that would help me.

LOL, I am also a young male, I am at the age of 15 so nothing that would cause me to stop growing or anything like that ^_^

TTYL, PEACE!!!

PS If any of this doesn't make sense please reply with what you want me to clear on. Thanks!

Oso
04-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Jodo,

IMO it will be the teacher that helps promote what you are looking for and not necessarily the art you choose. As you look I would pay more attention to the teacher than what he is teaching.

aikido and tai chi have the reputation to be more centering and peaceful in nature but that doesn't exclude many other arts, and teachers, from granting that as well.

if you posted your location I'm sure you would get recommendations for schools in your area.

good luck