PDA

View Full Version : good cables?

rubthebuddha
04-09-2003, 02:28 PM
do any of you know of a good place one can order quality cables from -- cables you've used in your own workouts and know them to be decent?

i ordered some from lifeline usa that were supposed to be fantastic more than two months ago -- but they still haven't produced them, much less sent them. delays from the manufacturer of their molds have caused the delays on the production of the cables, but lifeline has pretty much hosed me on the service, promising the cables in "three more weeks" a month ago. they still haven't produced a single cable, and i'm sick of waiting. their business habits and customer service are dismal at best, and i would much rather take my business somewhere else if someone can suggest another option.

thanks,

david

IronFist
04-09-2003, 02:47 PM
What kind of cables are you looking for?

IronFist

rubthebuddha
04-09-2003, 10:19 PM
something i can use to add resistance to squats and pushups, as well as use to do some decent back work.

i'm not currently willing to set up a full weight set at my house, and i don't feel like adding more than 100-150 pounds to any one exercise -- 50 pounds would easily make my pushups more fun, and 150 pounds would probably more than double the amount of weight my quads are moving on a bodyweight squat.

anyhoo, something simple and versatile, probably with multiple cables to adjust resistance over a greater range.

Guile
04-09-2003, 11:14 PM
You try thick rubber bands? I know they make a great chest workout. I dont know how big they get though. Gotta watch the eye though:D

Guile
04-09-2003, 11:15 PM
And I mean BIIIIG industrial size rubber bands.