PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions

TatewakiKuno
06-29-2001, 01:27 AM
As I said in a different post I recently started Shaolin Kung Fu. Can anyone recommend a style that would fit me? I'm 6'4" 230lbs. and 18 years old. I like to avoid confrentation but if it comes down to it I will fight. So any suggestions?? :confused:

In the state where the mind, body and soul unite to transcend the power of enlightenment, the teachings of the zen believe the human spirit embodies the ability to master any domain. The desire to challenge the mind,the drive to push the limits and the motivation to defy the status quo. For all walks of life, the search for identity and wisdom begins with the attitude of the mind...

Lightning Vortex Seiryu go
07-03-2001, 01:57 AM
I would start with a close range style like Wing Chun first then something like Ba gua or some kind of Shoalin school next to follow up on your journey.

If you are as tall as you say learn close range fighting first then do long range, that way you will gain understanding in combat principles through experience. Doing is the best way to find out in this situation, other wise how would you find out?

Follow your own advise(from above)

L.V.S. :cool:

come on,

TatewakiKuno
07-03-2001, 08:31 AM
great thanks for the advise

In the state where the mind, body and soul unite to transcend the power of enlightenment, the teachings of the zen believe the human spirit embodies the ability to master any domain. The desire to challenge the mind,the drive to push the limits and the motivation to defy the status quo. For all walks of life, the search for identity and wisdom begins with the attitude of the mind...

Kristoffer
07-03-2001, 12:29 PM
just find a martial art AND STICK WITH IT. try to be the best you can! TRAIN HARD. that is all there is to it. (just kidding)

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"