PDA

View Full Version : liver pain

bung bo
04-10-2003, 01:10 PM
i get this stitch in my side a lot of the(even when i'm just walking fast). i started to get it about a week and a half before i got sick(all the symptoms of the flu except for sinus problems). i've gotten over the cold 2 weeks ago but the stitch remains. i told the acupuncturist i go to. he did a tongue and pluse ananlysis and said it was my liver. he then put a needle on the inside of my right ankle and another 3" above. the he massaged my liver a bit. that treatment was done a week ago. well, the stitch is still there. any suggestions?

fa_jing
04-10-2003, 02:44 PM
dunno, milk thistle supplement maybe?

Former castleva
04-12-2003, 06:01 AM
If concerned,see a legal MD.

cha kuen
04-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Former Castle,

Just a curious question. How old are you? I'd imagine you to be maybe in your early to mid 20's?? And you mention "find a legal MD" So you're basically implying that Acupunture isn't legal? ****, if you want to get ideas on TCM, you sure are approaching it a non efficient way and probalby the wrong board.

Bung Bo,

Go back to your Acupunture person and ask. Or you can look for another Acupunturist. Try to find a Chinese guy who is a bit older and perhaps studied in China, odds are he is better than the guys who learned in the US.

Former castleva
04-13-2003, 10:31 AM
"Just a curious question. How old are you? I'd imagine you to be maybe in your early to mid 20's?? And you mention "find a legal MD" So you're basically implying that Acupunture isn't legal? ****, if you want to get ideas on TCM, you sure are approaching it a non efficient way and probalby the wrong board."

Dear cha kuen,
if you were around yesterday,you might have noticed that I had a birthday.I was somewhat disappointed to notice that nobody posted a "happy birthday..." thread.You can check my age from my profile.
What I´m saying makes a lot of sense really.You do not go looking for medical assistance from martial arts boards (I´m not saying that you cannot,it is all possible) If there is a problem,it is reasonable to get professional assistance,right?
Personally I have searched certain neurology msg boards on www with experts giving you advice,but they are quick to let you know that they need to get diagnosed elsewhere.

kirionkane
05-18-2003, 01:40 PM
almost sounds like you came down with mono... but try taking vitamin k, i think that is good for your liver.

John Weiland
05-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by bung bo
i get this stitch in my side a lot of the(even when i'm just walking fast). i started to get it about a week and a half before i got sick(all the symptoms of the flu except for sinus problems). i've gotten over the cold 2 weeks ago but the stitch remains. i told the acupuncturist i go to. he did a tongue and pluse ananlysis and said it was my liver. he then put a needle on the inside of my right ankle and another 3" above. the he massaged my liver a bit. that treatment was done a week ago. well, the stitch is still there. any suggestions?
Get thee to a an MD and have a blood draw and have a liver panel done. Check back with your TCM practitioner after your blood tests. If it comes back normal, try Milk thistle extract (from Silybum marianum) which is reputed to have liver healing qualities.
Also, try massaging the area over the liver and then, do 40 massaging circles over the kidneys on both sides daily. This from a TCM friend of mine.

Of course, the liver is the TCM storehouse of anger and hurt. Are you getting over some of these strong emotions? Or did you experience them strongly in the past? Could be a residual effect. Quigong is often helpful over time.

All the best,

bung bo
05-20-2003, 08:12 AM
sorry haven't checked this in a while. cha kuen, the guy has studied in china and korea. every other time i've gone to him he's really helped me out.

john weiland, the anger and stress might have been the cause. i was continually getting injured and then got pretty darn sick and got depressed because i couldn't train as hard as i wanted to. anyway, the problem seems to have gone away.