PDA

View Full Version : got my first busted lip i have had the pleasure of receiving in a long time.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-10-2003, 07:38 PM
i doubt it's gonna swell or anything ... didnt get hit that hard ... but still it feels good.

i also like knowing that these guys aren't going to take it easy on me. i have had enough taking it easy and theres only one way ill remember to keep my guard up and be on the ball at all times.

Water Dragon
04-10-2003, 07:59 PM
good $hit

Oso
04-10-2003, 08:01 PM
yep, got my first one in a couple of years the other night.

not for the same reasons of course....glad to see ya back at it.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-10-2003, 09:43 PM
me too.

joedoe
04-10-2003, 09:46 PM
I gave one of my training partners a fat lip last night. Does that count?

SevenStar
04-10-2003, 10:27 PM
way to go.

Here's to many more busted lips, black eyes, etc.

TjD
04-10-2003, 10:40 PM
****, if i dont come back from class without eating some of my lip, im dissapointed :D

Oso
04-11-2003, 03:40 AM
worst busted lip I got was way back when I was just a wee brown sash and met a JKD guy who trained w/ Larry Hartsell.
Man, he popped the **** out of me at will. I think I had cuts on my lips from every single tooth in my head.

KC Elbows
04-11-2003, 06:54 AM
Week before last, I had a private lesson with my teacher, and we were going over focus and how it gets used against me(I was using too much specific focus, and so if someone would just feint, my eyes tended to follow, even when my body knew what was up).

Came out of it with a bruised rib, a nasty looking but not too swelled fat lip(it just turned a funky shade of black), an inch tall knot on my forearm from a limb destruction technique, another huge bruise on my arm, and a bruise on my ankle that reminded me to kick with intent next time.

But I did manage once to triangle in on my teacher and catch him right in the split of the thigh muscle with a knee.

Brutality is fun.

Robinf
04-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Does a black eye count?;)

Guile
04-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Black eyes count. Ouch

David
04-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Nice one GDA - glad to hear you training:)

Talk of black eyes reminds me of the story someone here came up with about embarrassing injuries ages ago. Was it Legend?

Whoever had a sparring bout which left him 2 shiners on the day he had to get driving license photos taken. His driving license thus had him looking like a racoon :cool: for 10 years.

That made me laugh. :D

-David

Robinf
04-11-2003, 10:11 AM
lol. Makes me feel better about my single shiner.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-11-2003, 11:01 AM
haha ... they deleted some of my posts.

actually ... im pretty suprised i even remember making them.

Liokault
04-11-2003, 11:10 AM
LOL just got over my first blavk eye in tears.

funny thing was that we have been doing loads of full contact sparring to get in shap for an event in a month and I got with no problem. Then right at the end of a class last week this 8 year old kid stands in front of me (looking away from me) out out of the blue belts me in the eye with a back fist.....he didnt even look up GRRRR.

Oso
04-11-2003, 11:35 AM
kids and beginners will nail you every time.

TjD
04-11-2003, 11:47 AM
in chi sau monday, i took an elbow that clipped my eye socket = one black eye. then a punch which hit the other = another black eye. not to mention a lan sau across my mouth (cut upper and lower lip). good thing my black eyes don't get horribly black, so my girlfriend still will be seen in public with me :D

but you should see the other guys... ;)

i think my lips have had so much practice being beat up, they heal extremely quick. all my busted lips seem to go away in less than a day now, no matter how bad they are. (just in time for the next kung fu class so they can get busted up again)